PPRuNe Forums


South Asia and Far East Wannabes A forum for those applying to Cathay Pacific, Dragonair or any other Hong Kong-based airline or operator. Use this area for both Direct Entry Pilot and Cadet-scheme queries.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 07:58   #7121 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by varundatta.hk View Post
I have mine on the 18th and I know someone who has his on the 16th.
Thanks for your info. May I know when did you apply?
Submitted mine in mid-April and no news as yet.
cfdchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 08:35   #7122 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney
Age: 36
Posts: 25
so if they use one of their own sims in CX building , perhaps an older boeing maybe a 747/4 sim

interesting way to do it , not sure if any other airlines throw cadet applicants into the real sim or heavy sim

probably as effective as anything else , might take them a while to "finnesse" th e sortie etc

they don't have any lighter sims there do they ?
Telfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 09:08   #7123 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: hong kong
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfdchan View Post
Thanks for your info. May I know when did you apply?
Submitted mine in mid-April and no news as yet.
I had submitted on 18 april, no news atm too
mrpilothk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 14:38   #7124 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hong kong
Posts: 3
Hi everyone,

I am going to be having my initial assessment on 16 May.

Anyone else going on the same date?

FYI, I submitted my application on 10 April.

Thanks.

Niki
nikiwantstofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 01:34   #7125 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikiwantstofly View Post
Hi everyone,

I am going to be having my initial assessment on 16 May.

Anyone else going on the same date?

FYI, I submitted my application on 10 April.

Thanks.

Niki
I presume they got back to you 2 weeks after you submitted?
I submitted around the same time you did, which is on the 15 April, and I haven't heard anything since.
shutdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 23:28   #7126 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hong kong
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdo View Post
I presume they got back to you 2 weeks after you submitted?
I submitted around the same time you did, which is on the 15 April, and I haven't heard anything since.
I heard back from them just a week ago. Dont worry. I think they are gathering up candidates together. You will heard back from them soon.
nikiwantstofly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 07:55   #7127 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney
Age: 36
Posts: 25
This Cut -e testing , is it done remotely (ie: at home) or in the CX building whilst being supervised ?

Also the flight grading done in a sim @ Cathay City

Perhaps these two changes are examples of trying to reduce costs
Telfer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 15:11   #7128 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: hong kong
Posts: 4
I have appied on 18 april, anyone applied on the same day or after have got reply?
mrpilothk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 15:14   #7129 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth
Age: 24
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfer86 View Post
This Cut -e testing , is it done remotely (ie: at home) or in the CX building whilst being supervised ?

Also the flight grading done in a sim @ Cathay City

Perhaps these two changes are examples of trying to reduce costs
''
You gotta go to Cathay City for the cut-e.
varundatta.hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 18:35   #7130 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by varundatta.hk View Post
Some of the stuff on the 1st link is good and some of it seems outdated imo.
The cute practice test seems useless... what are we practicing for the tests UI. Currently using skytest to practice. Hopefully that helps.
Did you do the 1A before with the compass test or the cute test?
I was on about the inductive logical thinking section on the practice page which is the third box/link. From what I gather, that section will be on the cut-e.

And I did the COMPASS version and passed it just before the new cut-e was introduced.

And good luck for your Initial A, just focus, pay good attention and you should be fine.
mmb327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 18:38   #7131 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdo View Post
Thanks for the info!
Regarding the Maths test, is it part of COMPASS? I read somewhere there used to be a separate test consisting of 33 questions to be completed in 30 mins, or something along those lines. Do they still do that?

You reckon the latest pilot job maths test would suffice?
Cheers!
The Maths test was included in the COMPASS program before, but from what I've seen the maths test may now be separate but not different in terms of what they would test you on.

I know someone that used that website before and passed the inital so should be helpful and useful.

The maths test on the COMPASS was 24 questions in a 20 minute limit. Not sure about the new one.

Last edited by mmb327; 18th May 2017 at 18:46.
mmb327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 23:37   #7132 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: London
Posts: 9
Hi everyone,

Just wondering will you be able to re-apply for cpp again next year if you fail this year? Did anyone have this experience?
Because I have looked into cpp's website FAQ, they orginally had the question about re-applying but now it's gone.

Thanks everyone for your help!
chermaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 00:06   #7133 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: London
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGAS17 View Post
Hi Pandaman,
Ive been told that they won't consider applicants that have failed the Flight Grading. Are you allowed to reapply? My friend has failed last year and received an email from HR stating that he will not be reconsidered again. It would be great news if there are instances where failed flight graders can reapply!

Best of luck to you too! hopefully we can all be successful.
Cheers
Hi,
Just wonder which stage your friend failed? I am wondering whether they have changed about the policy about re application, thanks
chermaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 08:16   #7134 (permalink)


Probationary PPRuNer
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: hong kong
Posts: 2
hello
anyone waiting for the 1B email?

feel free to drop me a message thanks
Piper25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 08:47   #7135 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 9
Hi,
I submitted my application (first time) to both CX and KA 2 weeks ago.
After reading through those information in the last few pages, I have some questions.


1) What is the Flight Grading? Is it done in flight simulator?
2) You guys mention cut-e test and skytest. As I looked into those websites, it is not free, you guys paid for them or tried the free practice test?
3) Concerning the technical questionnaire, it is similar to PPL or even CPL written test but just shorter period?


I hope someone can answer to them and eliminate my concerns. Thanks !
swonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 17:21   #7136 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 15
For those of you who have gone through stage 1a, did they make you sign the consent form before you took the cut-e test? What if you have done the test with KA, are they going to assess you based on that result? The thing is, I did the cut-e test with KA two weeks ago but I screwed it up. Didn't make it to the next stage. Now, thinking about reapplying for CX but realized that they use the same cut-e test, which is kinda surprising to me. I thought about not telling CX about the test but I fear they may find out later, assuming they use the same system. So I guess I am just trying to figure out how important the consent form is to them and whether or not they will still run a background check on you. Otherwise I'll be stuck in here.
divergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 19:50   #7137 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by divergent View Post
For those of you who have gone through stage 1a, did they make you sign the consent form before you took the cut-e test? What if you have done the test with KA, are they going to assess you based on that result? The thing is, I did the cut-e test with KA two weeks ago but I screwed it up. Didn't make it to the next stage. Now, thinking about reapplying for CX but realized that they use the same cut-e test, which is kinda surprising to me. I thought about not telling CX about the test but I fear they may find out later, assuming they use the same system. So I guess I am just trying to figure out how important the consent form is to them and whether or not they will still run a background check on you. Otherwise I'll be stuck in here.
Hi, could you tell me what type of cut-e test you had?
Thanks
swonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 12:56   #7138 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 15
swonder - What do you mean what type of cut-e test. As far as I am concerned, there's only one type of cut-e test,which is cut-e test itself. So, I don't quite understand the question.
divergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 19:39   #7139 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by divergent View Post
swonder - What do you mean what type of cut-e test. As far as I am concerned, there's only one type of cut-e test,which is cut-e test itself. So, I don't quite understand the question.
I mean what kind of cut-e test.

Anyway, I receive invitation email from CX and the email mentions what type of cut-e tests will be covered
swonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 05:20   #7140 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Earth
Age: 24
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb327 View Post
The Maths test was included in the COMPASS program before, but from what I've seen the maths test may now be separate but not different in terms of what they would test you on.

I know someone that used that website before and passed the inital so should be helpful and useful.

The maths test on the COMPASS was 24 questions in a 20 minute limit. Not sure about the new one.
20 questions in 16 Mins.
There are four area of the maths part which are percentage, rule of three, unit conversion and space and area

https://goo.gl/7Qiu8n
varundatta.hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
cadet pilot, cathay, cathay pacifc, cpp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 18:30.


1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1