Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

NATS Selection Stage 2

Wikiposts
Search
ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

NATS Selection Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 7th Sep 1999, 17:49
The Kevster

Question NATS Selection Stage 2

Hi folks,

I made it through the selection tests for ATC with NATS! Thank you for your help!

I wanted to find out if anyone could give any helpful hints about the interview stage.

Any information is greatly accepted.

------------------
Make it happen

Old 8th Sep 1999, 16:47
bill

Cool

Kevster,

it's nearly seven years since my interview so someone else may have more up-to-date info.
anyway, basically a "technical" interview conducted by two ATCOs who will ask questions based on the info you've already received and talk through some scenarios with you. These scenarios will probe your knowledge more deeply, they are not expecting you to have all the correct terms, phraseology etc, but to give a logical reponse to what has happened.

also a personnel type interview which can be quite probing about your previous history, in my case I was given quite a grilling about my less than illustrious education record.
they are likely to ask about your feelings about shiftwork and to relocating - remember it is a mobile grade so if you've got a major dislike for a particular part of the UK then keep it to yourself.
finally I had a series of computer based tests which involved a number of arithmetical problems flashing up on a PC screen and for you to give the correct answer via the keyboard before the next problem and also a vectoring type exercise where you had to keep a number of blocks on the screen from hitting each other.

hope this is of help