Wikiposts
Search
Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Another new operator

Search this Thread

Old 3rd Jan 2006, 08:12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another new operator

Found this while looking on PPJN the link was posted yesterday, might be old news though.

Edit: If BEA wish to advertise for on PPRuNe for staff they are welcome to do so. The rates are reasonable and can be found on the home page. Sorry.
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 08:49

Re: Another new operator

Seems the old BEA is to be ressurected, not sure using Jetstreams is a good idea unless they plan to fly to airfields with short runways and thus avoid competition from the locos. Interesting too that they have no telephone number and yet they have an e-mail address. Surely e-mail needs a phone line ?
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 09:52

Hi, I'm involved with Birmingham European Airways.

1. There is a phone number on the website page, but we're not a position to man it fully at the moment which is why we have asked for email applications only.
2. We are aware of comparisons with the old Birmingham Executive / European / Maersk etc. However there are good reasons why we have selected the J32 and these should become clear in the next few months.
3. When the moderators post "....as well as those permanently acting as a voluntary PR flack for farting little UK airports or airlines.", it dosn't give us much incentive to use PPrune to spread the word about our new airline that might be of interest to pilots / operations staff / cabin crew etc.

Rgds Andrew Jones

Last edited by Ops Bangle; 3rd Jan 2006 at 10:37.
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 10:23

Thanks Ops Bangle for the details above.
Are you the same chap from oldey woldey Air Foyle days ???
Maybe PM me ?
Rgds
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 10:26

Good luck with your airline. With BA recently making cutbacks at Birmingham and possible moving to a low cost model for its regional/LGW operations there might be some good business markets available from BHX
Old 3rd Jan 2006, 23:18

Arrow Re: Another new operator

Good luck to this new venture, good to see operators still willing to give it a go with turbo props... Turbo props are the new jets...

just a pity they are going for the rather tired J32... its old technology and although they are cheap as chips right now (coz no one wants them), they are not the correct equipment to woo punters onto a new airline....

Nevertheless, I wish them every success.
Old 4th Jan 2006, 06:13
MOR

Who is behind it?
Old 4th Jan 2006, 08:01

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Good answer Ops Bangle. So I guess that another way to apply would be a pprune PM!

Good luck with the new venture.
Old 8th Jan 2006, 11:01

Ops Bangle refers to comparisons with the old Birmingham Executive etc.
It may be helpful to hear a passenger's view. Right from the start [1983?] I used Birmingham Executive and greatly appreciated the VIP feel provided by their 12 seaters with friendly individual service/ hot food/quality crockery/good wine/starched linen/metal cutlery etc.
It cannot be denied that the vibration/noise levels were sometimes a little high but a good view from a guaranteed window seat at 17000 feet seemed to me more than adequate compensation for this!
I flew regularly to Copenhagen in the splendid little 12 seater Jetstream but I remember being told that the Milan via Zurich sometimes used a 19 seater Jetstream with an altogether different comfort level.
I also greatly enjoyed the fact that in those safer days it was usual for the pilots to leave the cockpit door open so we interested passengers could enjoy a close up view of the flying including the approach/landing into Copenhagen. The return to Birmingham sometimes used "the short" runway.
The subsequent Maersk F50s {with some Danish crew} were quite O.K. but not the same. The real come down was to the refurbished 111-200s. I could no longer detect a VIP feel in those seemingly tired aircraft with high seats/low windows giving a restricted view.
Good luck with the new airline! Please use the original "Birmingham Executive" days rather than the later "Birmingham European" days as the model.
Regards from Euravia First.

Last edited by Euravia First; 9th Jan 2006 at 08:01. Reason: Changes
Old 8th Jan 2006, 13:21

Thank you Euravia First for a passenger's viewpoint.

One drawback we believe with the original Birmingham Executive plan was that they believed the Bae marketing too much and used the J31's on very long flights: +2 hours (Copenhagen, Milan etc).

Our intention is to use the aircraft on shorter flights to European destinations, much more suited to the aircraft type, and to give a better than "standard" service (again within the restrictions of the aircraft size).

I don't wish to bring down the wrath of the moderators so will not go into further detail. However when we are ready we will ensure that the news gets out.

Rgds Andrew Jones
Old 27th Feb 2006, 09:49

Question Birmingham European

I have heard that there is a new airline being based in BHX called Birmingham European. Does anybody know who they are, where they are going to go? They need CC and FD so i was going to apply but not until i know a little about them.
Old 27th Feb 2006, 13:16

Information

Originally Posted by ineedtofly
I have heard that there is a new airline being based in BHX called Birmingham European. Does anybody know who they are, where they are going to go? They need CC and FD so i was going to apply but not until i know a little about them.
Please check your PM's
Old 27th Feb 2006, 13:18

Originally Posted by Meeb
Good luck to this new venture, good to see operators still willing to give it a go with turbo props... Turbo props are the new jets...
just a pity they are going for the rather tired J32... its old technology and although they are cheap as chips right now (coz no one wants them), they are not the correct equipment to woo punters onto a new airline....
Nevertheless, I wish them every success.
Belated reply,but I have to say that I don't really understand this way of thinking.
If the airline flies to where I want to fly,at a price I want to pay,then I would happily fly in a DC-3,provided they looked to be reliable and safe! What is your problem,Meeb?