PPRuNe Forums


Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th Aug 2016, 10:34   #1 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
VA - AKL, CHC, PER, ADL, MEL, SYD

Starting this forum for those who have applied for VIRGIN AUSTRALIA Cabin Crew - Auckland, Christchurch, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.
Interested in all experiences from job application, throughout the recruitment process, to job offer, to ground school start.

Last edited by manymiles; 14th Sep 2016 at 11:13. Reason: Changed thread title - Abbreviated to VA. Included MEL & SYD
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 08:32   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Hi! I'm currently at reference check stage for VA MEL base. I received the email notifying me that they would be checking my references almost 2 weeks ago but they still haven't been contacted. Can anyone shed some light on how long I can expect it to be before references are contacted?
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 12:20   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Hi all! Does anyone know why they have now advertised again for Adelaide cabin crew, would it be because there was not enough interest from the previous ad? Also any idea how long the whole process usually takes from application to start date, I've heard 3-6 month? Thanks
highabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2016, 02:49   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 13
Hi Team, I attended an Auckland recruitment day last week and I'm waiting to hear back. Anyone else in the same boat?
flywme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2016, 05:57   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Hi everyone,
I have applied for Adelaide base, and attending the AD in Adelaide next Wed (31st Aug). 1pm session.
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2016, 06:02   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by highabove View Post
Hi all! Does anyone know why they have now advertised again for Adelaide cabin crew, would it be because there was not enough interest from the previous ad? Also any idea how long the whole process usually takes from application to start date, I've heard 3-6 month? Thanks
Hi 'highabove'.
Not sure why Adelaide base was advertised again, could be they had too few applicants, could be they had lots and wanting to progress recruitment for this base quickly...anyone's guess!
Today they have also released roles for Sydney Base...so perhaps cranking things up a bit??
Have you applied for any of the VA base roles?In
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2016, 08:34   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Hi manymiles, I have sent you a pm. Thanks!
highabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2016, 09:02   #8 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAAATE View Post
Hi! I'm currently at reference check stage for VA MEL base. I received the email notifying me that they would be checking my references almost 2 weeks ago but they still haven't been contacted. Can anyone shed some light on how long I can expect it to be before references are contacted?
Hi 'KAAATE', that is awesome! Congratulations! Not sure how long, guessing they have many applicants to get through? Was the process for reference checking done by phone or email type submission direct to your refereees?
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2016, 02:45   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Hi 'KAAATE', that is awesome! Congratulations! Not sure how long, guessing they have many applicants to get through? Was the process for reference checking done by phone or email type submission direct to your refereees?
I received an email saying my references would be contacted by email 3 weeks ago, but none of them have received anything yet!
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2016, 06:20   #10 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Hi All,
Quick update from me - I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide for Virgin Australia ADELAIDE Base yesterday (31st August). Will keep you updated on my progress - successful or unsuccessful.
Anyone from the previous Recruitment Days for AKL, CHC, PER, ADL - or SYD, MEL, BNE hear anything further following their current status?
Keen to hear where everyone is currently at.
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 03:10   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Hi All,
Quick update from me - I attended the Recruitment Day in Adelaide for Virgin Australia ADELAIDE Base yesterday (31st August). Will keep you updated on my progress - successful or unsuccessful.
Anyone from the previous Recruitment Days for AKL, CHC, PER, ADL - or SYD, MEL, BNE hear anything further following their current status?
Keen to hear where everyone is currently at.
I've been waiting a month now for them to contact my references for MEL base. I attended a recruitment day on the 26th of July.
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2016, 10:54   #12 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAAATE View Post
I've been waiting a month now for them to contact my references for MEL base. I attended a recruitment day on the 26th of July.
Wow KAAATE - that's quite some time. Perhaps they are holding until they get more candidates??
Oh well - it's an interesting waiting game!
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your progress.
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2016, 00:51   #13 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 13
Hi everyone, I attended an Akl recruitment day. Got the email for the online test just over a week later. I got an email the following day advising my reference checks would be completed. The online reference checks were sent out the following week. One of my referees has been away hasn't been able to complete the check. Will keep you all posted.
flywme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2016, 00:52   #14 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 13
KAAATE - did you log back into the careers page and make sure your referee details were updated to include their email addresses?
flywme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2016, 04:25   #15 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Wow KAAATE - that's quite some time. Perhaps they are holding until they get more candidates??
Oh well - it's an interesting waiting game!
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted on your progress.
Yep! I just wish they would hurry up! I'm up to security checks for Qantas international, which I applied for just before VA started advertising positions. I would prefer VA over QF but will have to take which ever offers first as I don't want to risk not getting either
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 02:42   #16 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
KAATE, Perhaps you should give them a call, or email them to follow up? Given there are so many applicants, there is likely to be the occasional error or mishap in processing or admin. They may have missed something by accident for your referencing checking process.
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 06:20   #17 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywme View Post
KAAATE - did you log back into the careers page and make sure your referee details were updated to include their email addresses?
Yep! Reference details are all updated
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 06:20   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
KAATE, Perhaps you should give them a call, or email them to follow up? Given there are so many applicants, there is likely to be the occasional error or mishap in processing or admin. They may have missed something by accident for your referencing checking process.
Yeah maybe I'll try and email them just in case.
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 10:48   #19 (permalink)
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
UPDATE:
Successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment for VA ADL Base - 'Online Testing'.
Have just completed the Online Testing tonight (Tues 6th September).
manymiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Sep 2016, 12:37   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 25
Posts: 85
Congrats manymiles!

I think I jinxed myself today! (In a good way) references were emailed today! Finally!!!
4 weeks since I was notified of references being contacted so if anyone else is thinking they have forgotten them don't stress! Easier said then done I know
KAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
cabin crew wannabee, virgin australia

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:05.


1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1