PDA

View Full Version : Changing Schools

VFR800
19th Aug 2003, 18:14
I'm thinking (reluctantly) of changing schools to finish my PPL (which I'm about 3 to 4 hours away from finishing, so this is a real bitch) and just wanted to ask if anyone know what the score is with exams?

Can you ask the old school to transfer your results to the new one?

I don't want to have to take them again if the old school gets a bit difficult.

RodgerF
19th Aug 2003, 19:53
Assuming all your exams are in date and will remain so until you complete, then get the licence application form filled out and the examiner to sign for the exams on the form. If you have done the QXC you will need the QXC certificate and PLOG for that flight as these go with the application to the CAA. Take your training notes or have a copy to take to your new school. Check the stall/spin awareness training has been signed off in your log book. If you have already done the R/T written then get that from completed as well and get the exam signed off, if the R/T practical is also complete get the whole form ready.

No need to take the exams again unless they have run out of validity.

BRL
19th Aug 2003, 22:04
Just out of curiosity, what is the reason you are leaving your old school at such a late stage? :confused:

VFR800
19th Aug 2003, 23:18
RodgerF

Cheers m8, sound advice

Big Red L

I like the CFI, top bloke, my instructor's bloody good, but over the past 2 months I have flown twice, on 3 occasions the lessons have been canx due to aircraft going u/s with the same fault, this was when their other PA-28 was out of hours, so no other aircraft was available. Today the poor instructor rang up to tell me the trimmer had failed and other a/c was still not ready !

It take a great deal of sacrifice for me to keep flying, I just can't go at the drop of a hat, I can deal with weather canx, but today was the final straw.

I don't want to say too much on here, but the management (or lack of it) of the club leaves a great deal to be desired.:mad: