PDA

View Full Version : The next Private Flying bash.....

TheKentishFledgling
19th Aug 2003, 17:31
.....when is it going to be then people?

I vote for one before the end of summer.

Dates anyone?

tKF
(feeling annoyed I missed the pink bash)

BRL
19th Aug 2003, 21:49
The loverly Penguina has offered her birthday to us as an excuse for a bash so not being one to say no to a girl we should go for that. 11th of the 10th if I am right. Don't have a calender on me right now but if thats a weekend then great, if not it must be the nearest sat to it.

Pink_aviator
20th Aug 2003, 02:22
Wish i could come I like bashing now i've had a taster.
Why are there no bashes way up here.

ENJOY YOUR SELVES

PINKSTER
PINK-AVIATOR

Saab Dastard
20th Aug 2003, 04:40
11th October is indeed a Saturday - seems pre-ordained, doesn't it!

It just seems a damnably long time away!

Who has a birthday in mid-September then?

Sorry PINK AVIATOR, we can't have it in Inverness this time - you must organise a Bash to celebrate getting your licence which can't be far off now! A SkyeBash would be particularly appropriate!

Cheers

SD

Circuit Basher
20th Aug 2003, 15:32
Pink Aviatrix - You SHALL come to the ball!!

Check out this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97587) for information on a bashette in Glasgow this coming Friday evening!!

There's a group of PPRuNers who alternate bashes every few months between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Some of them are Air Traffickers (such as ATCBabe!), some are commercial pilots, some PPLs and some nice people! ;) There are frequently visitors (such as FFF) from 'darn Sarf' and the nights generally get a little on the messy side, although I am not currently aware of any major dental bills!!

[Mrs Merton]Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on![/Mrs Merton] :D

[Edited to update link to show start of thread]

Penguina
20th Aug 2003, 19:32
I wish you could come too Pink. :(

Some other people seem to be planning a north wales fly-in on the same day (ie - THE day :O ). Think we need a bit of forum-wide coordination here...

BRL
20th Aug 2003, 20:21
Ah, now that is a problem. How about a Penguina-birthday-bash the week before then?(Or after..?)

FlyingForFun
20th Aug 2003, 21:59
There's a group of PPRuNers who alternate bashes every few months between Glasgow and Edinburgh..... There are frequently visitors (such as FFF) from 'darn Sarf'That's news to me!!! I have managed to get up to Scotland for two bashes, and not since 2001 - I don't think that counts as "frequent"! But I can confirm that, on the two occassions I made the pilgrimage, I was made to feel very welcome and extremely drunk, and had an absolutely fantastic time :ok:

Must get back for another one some time soon...

FFF
------------

Circuit Basher
20th Aug 2003, 22:58
FFF - I didn't say that *you* were a frequent visitor, but that there *are visitors from darn Sarf* (of which you were used as an example).

Tricky little beast, this language of ours, n'est-ce pas??! ;)

FlyingForFun
20th Aug 2003, 23:41
D'oh! .

FlyingForFun
1st Sep 2003, 21:09
Penguina said, a couple of weeks ago:Think we need a bit of forum-wide coordination here...So here I am, your forum-wide coordinator!

I have coordinated (well, I asked Penguina what she wanted to do - does that count as coordination?) and the general consensus (of the one person I asked) is that we should have a bash on October 18th. I would suggest meeting at the Founders Arms for lunch at 1200, and then moving on to Doggets when we get kicked out of the Founders Arms :D

Anyone who's too tight to buy Penguina a birthday beer in the pub can buy her an orange juice at the fly-in on her actual birthday the week before ;)

FFF
---------------

LowNSlow
1st Sep 2003, 21:15
I'm definitely out of sequence with the Bash Calender as I go back to work on the 7th October. Rats :{ :{ :{

How about a bit of a fly-in sometime between 12th Sept and 5th October so I can give Annie the Auster her last airing before her Annual? Are there any fly-ins we could gate crash with a mass Pprune attendance?

Whirlybird
2nd Sep 2003, 00:48
I'd be up for that now I finally have something to fly. :ok:

Pink_aviator
2nd Sep 2003, 01:34
Well CIRCUIT BASHER, Thanks for telling old PINKSTER about the BALL ,i mean glasgow bash, just read this thread again,(sorry been busy, flying ,landing and RUNNING AWAY,)
To read any thing.

Will look out for an Edinburgh BASH,have friend quite close,so good for baby sitting,TE HE .

SO sorry cinders ,(read pinkster )didn't go to the ball after all.
(i'm stamping my foot now )

If london penguina birthday bash,lands at half term ,I'LL try and be there .

I'm going to COSFORD as well.

sorry getting carried away with inane chit chat, I thought I was on my thread.

toodle oo
pinkster
PINK-AVIATOR.

knobbygb
2nd Sep 2003, 02:27
Are there any fly-ins we could gate crash with a mass Pprune attendance between 12th September and 5th October Well, there's the one at North Weald on 14th September - sounds like it'll be busy.

LowNSlow
2nd Sep 2003, 17:48
knobby that sounds like a plan.

Anybody else up for North Weald on 14th September?
Have a look at the "Houses at North Weald" sticky. It has convinced me to try to get there on the 14th September.

smurph
4th Sep 2003, 19:21
Count me in for Penguina's birthday bash on 18th
October (I think she'd have something to say if I
didn't make it!).

And Wx / plane availability permitting, Penguina
will hopefully be flying me into Caernarfon on
her actual Birthday the week before.

Rallye Driver
4th Sep 2003, 20:31
LNS - I'll be there, but then I fly from there anyway.

Let's hope we get a really good turnout to help the cause!

RD

FlyingForFun
5th Sep 2003, 03:19
Smurph - I heard you'd signed up to PPRuNe, good to see you posting!

I think I'll be seeing you before the bash... I believe we may be sharing an aircraft to the fly-in the week before!

FFF
-------------

Kolibear
5th Sep 2003, 19:52
I'll be at North Weald on 14th, but as Rallye D said, I too fly from there.

But I'd be delighted to buy a coffee for any Ppruners that I meet.

Keef
8th Sep 2003, 07:16
Pity - working on the 14th (my busy day) but will think of all the happy folks "celebrating" at North Weald.

LowNSlow
8th Sep 2003, 13:46
Keef there won't be that many Ppruners (with the exceptions of the chaps who've posted here) there judging by the lack of response on the sticky.........

WestWind1950
8th Sep 2003, 15:34
hello everyone!

I flew to North Weald air show some years ago... all the way from Germany!! It was great fun and your hospitality there was very memorable!! I wish I could come again but there's just no chance :{

http://www.dorrie.de/images/wildflyer.gif Westy

paulo
9th Sep 2003, 06:46
Those of you at the last bash might remember the mega fast catamaran hurtling up and down the Thames, dropping off just near the pub. Well, since then I've been on it and it's bloody fab.

BRL has suggested making a trip on this as part of the bash, for those that fancy it.

Here's an example plan.

(It assumes a 12:00 start for lunch in the Founders as per FFF post, but can easily be tweaked as it's a regular service.)

11:20 dep Bankside; Tate Modern
arr 11:38 Millbank.

11:40 dep Millbank; Tate Britain
arr 11:58 Bankside

Anyone finding it easier to get to Victoria/Pimlico can join on the second leg.

Please shout if you are up for it / have any preference about times.

Tall_guy_in_a_152
9th Sep 2003, 17:44
Hi Paulo

A trip on the cat sounds fun (how sad are we?).

I'm not sure if I will make it into town in time for a pre-lunch trip. How about fitting it in between the move (forced or otherwise) from the Founders to Doggetts?

TallGuy.

FlyingForFun
9th Sep 2003, 18:10
I'm with Tall_Guy. Boat trips when slightly merry are always fun. Better not make it too late, though, because I doubt if I'd let us lot on a boat if I was in charge after we've spent a few hours in the pub!

FFF
---------------

Penguina
9th Sep 2003, 21:13
How much is it? I need my flying money, you understand! Do you think if we let the captain join in the drinking, we could simply get a lift from The FA to Doggetts?

paulo
9th Sep 2003, 22:25
Good thinking people. Any suggestions for a target departure time? We can probably play it by ear on the day, but it might be good to have a suggested time so that late joiners will know the schedule...Options...14:00, 14:40... etc (it's every 40 mins).

It's £4.50 for the round trip by the way. And they have a bar. ;)

BRL
9th Sep 2003, 23:45
Yeeeers, A boat with a bar...... How about we say 1540ish? Jump off and have a bite to eat and more ale....!! :ok:

Tell you what. I will make a new thread about it over the next few days as this one is confusing with the North weald one.

TheKentishFledgling
10th Sep 2003, 00:55
Yup, BRL, I am confused :rolleyes: :hmm:

The fly-in's this Sunday, the bash is when??

tKF

BRL
10th Sep 2003, 02:49
Erm, the fly-in is this Sunday and the bash mentioned above is Oct, around Pengys birthday......... (I think) :O

TheKentishFledgling
10th Sep 2003, 02:55
Ah no problem!

Got ages then!

tKF

BRL
10th Sep 2003, 03:40
We have indeed. What I will do after the Fly-in is make a new post for Penguina and stick that at the top. Its a bit confusing this thread at the moment so I might bin it next week.