PDA

View Full Version : Help with French "Météo" Website

down&out
14th Aug 2003, 15:34
I have flown to N. France many times, usually on weekend trips and the like and for simplicity generally used our met office website for planning. Given I am doing a longer French trip soon, I thought I'd get myself a "code" to use the French "Météo" website.

I have done this, but I have to say I find the site slow to use and with some pages that don't seem to load at all. This has prevented me from understanding the site fully by exploring it (& my French is only Pigeon level!).

Now I know I can use Minitel & airfield facilities once in France, but there are two key areas I would like to be able to get on the web before I get to the airfield:

1) the charts for the days ahead - I currently use the Bracknell ones, and guess I would continue to do so unless there is a better French equivalent.

2) the weather for the day - currently I use F415 & TAFs

I would welcome thoughts on the best way to use the Météo site for this - or should I just stick with what I’ve already outlined?

Also I have just found reference to a TEMSI chart, which looks like the equivalent of Form 415 and very useful, in that it includes cloud base and tops predictions. But I could not find where the live charts are. Can anyone help?

bluskis
14th Aug 2003, 15:57
Meteo France appears to be on a go slow this morning. As you say the TEMSI chart is very useful for cloud, but for a quick look at French weather try nav2000.com.

Flying Boat
14th Aug 2003, 16:54
I agree with bluskis, Nav2000.com

Not only will it give you weather info (for most of Europe) but also detailed aerodrome info.

Have a good trip.

FB:D

down&out
14th Aug 2003, 20:21
FB & bluski - thanks both very much

I have tried out nav2000 and quickly found the TEMSIs and their decode. I'm also really impressed with the grahpical layout for the METARs and TAFs:ok:

Cheers

D&O

PS So does anyone bother using the Meteo site?