PDA

View Full Version : Possible bash at Caernarfon

WelshFlyer
11th Aug 2003, 02:09
What would be the reaction to a bash being held at Caernarfon EGCK? do you have to do something special to organise one?

If people would be interested I could organise one for sometime this autumn or whenever you suggest.

There are no bashes in north Wales to my knowledge, and Caernarfon is quite a nice airfield these days.

So if you are interested, reply to this topic or send me a message!

WelshFlyer.

long final
11th Aug 2003, 03:15
Put me down, great field. The first great Welsh Fly in :ok:

LF

Whirlybird
11th Aug 2003, 04:24
Good idea. :ok:

Keef
11th Aug 2003, 05:13
I'll be in that neck of the woods for the last two weeks of August, so if anyone's thinking of a fly-in...

WelshFlyer
11th Aug 2003, 05:18
unfortunately, I'll only be able to organise this somrtime after august, so I'm affraid I won't be able to have said fly in then, sorry.

To make a good job of it, i'll need to take some time setting this up, like getting the all clear from Mr.Steptoe. (can't see him opposeing something like this though)

Maybee whirlybird would like to bring a chopper up, I know i'd like a ride in one:)

WelshFlyer.

knobbygb
11th Aug 2003, 05:19
WelshFlyer, just to confirm, do you mean a 'fly-in' (lots of pilots arrive in planes, and talk about said planes all day while drinking tea) or a 'Bash' (lots of pilots arrive in cars/trains and talk about planes all evening while drinling large quantities of beer?

Either way suits me. In fact, I'm in the process of convincing the wife to spend a few days in that part of the world before the end of the summer (haven't mentioned the airfield to her yet ;) )

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Aug 2003, 05:34
Give a date to work towards and providing the 3 Ws are all in alignment I'll be there.

FD

WelshFlyer
11th Aug 2003, 05:47
Sort of half way in between; fly or drive in, spend a few hours at the field talking about you're pride and joy, and then head off to the pub.

By the way whirlybird, not meaning to be rude, if there was enough interest from other ppruners, who want to see what it feels like to fly a 'chopper, and you were able to come with a chopper and show us how it's done!

WelshFlyer.

Here are some possible dates for me to organise a fly-in/pprund bash; The weekend of September 6th/7th and the weekend of September 13th/14th.

Sorry it can't be any earlier, as i'm very busy until that time. I'll give Mr.Steptoe a bell tomorrow to clear it with him. And post something in the pprune bashes forum as soon as something concrete is agreed upon.

WelshFlyer.

rotorboater
11th Aug 2003, 06:16
I would be game for it, I go there a lot anyway for fuel before popping down to the beach and I would be happy to take some ppruners up in my heli, arrange a date and I will try and make it.
RB:O

WelshFlyer
11th Aug 2003, 06:52
just a quickie, do i know you rotorboater? why not drop me a private message, because i might know you:)

WelshFlyer.

LowNSlow
11th Aug 2003, 15:02
I'm OK for the weekend of the 13 / 14th (unless Mrs. LnS arranges something without telling me).

Whirlybird
11th Aug 2003, 16:35
WelshFlyer,

Whether i can make it depends on all sorts of things...like whether I'm instructing that weekend, and if I'm not, whether I can get hold of a helicopter to fly in, or if I'll just drive in. I can't be as flexible about time and money and taking people helicopter flying as I used to be. :{ But...we can see.

gingernut
11th Aug 2003, 20:55
I would be very interested. Anyone from Manchester Barton fancy sharing flying/cost/rt/nav/experience ?

WelshFlyer
11th Aug 2003, 21:38
Now I'm starting to get my contacts and my family quite excited with this idea. Caernarfon Airport has some good facilities, includeing a bar, (not sure if it's licenced or not) but there is a good pub with accomodation and excelant food very close to the Aerodrome.

Idealy, we could use said airport faciaties.

Which date would you all like to use?

WelshFlyer.

BRL
11th Aug 2003, 23:51
Here is a suggestion.

Poll your possible dates, say at least 4 weekends in Sept and October (the 2 you have planned and the first two weekends in October).

Give it a week or so and see what is leading. From there, suggest an evening bash too in the local town or even a flying club at the field. Make it somewhere with a relatively cheap hotel/b&b nearby and your on to a winner.

Post the fly-in here and the evening bash in the bashes forum mentioning both if you get what I mean.

I could be tempted for a pint up that way myself. Lovely part of the world. Lets see what date comes up and let the ppruners decide...!! :ok:

WelshFlyer
12th Aug 2003, 00:36
How do you post a polll?

Can't seem to find that option!

WelshFlyer.

BRL
12th Aug 2003, 02:27
I just done it for you. You have to start a new thread to do a poll. I couldn't find a way of incorporating one into this thread. Now keep an eye on the dates for a week or two and choose the best one.
As for the evening bash just put a note up in the bashes forum for a North Wales bash telling them the date is to be arranged and possibly do a link to the fly-in thread too. Hopefully I will be able to make this one and have a few beers afterwards. It sounds good :)

Negative 'G'
12th Aug 2003, 03:26
Oh thats just my Luck, pick four weekends that I'm away !:(

How about the weekend of Saturday 20th September, seeing as I'm already down to take the old bird(not the wife) there for the Vintage A/C fly-in at Caernarfon ! Mmmm some nice aeroplanes to watch too:D

Neg G:D