PDA

View Full Version : Flying Syndicate - Software

Justiciar
6th Aug 2003, 00:21
Having just taken over as treasurer of my flying syndicate I am desperate to find some software to record all the expenditure and income for at least two aircraft. Has anyone anything to recommend?

Keef
6th Aug 2003, 00:27
I use Excel (and a ledger for the accounting bit), but I'm a masochist.

I've not heard of any custom-designed software, but I'm sure there are lots of folks with their own developments. One of the off-the-shelf accounting packages may do the job, but they tend to be expensive.

Justiciar
6th Aug 2003, 03:18
Thanks Keef. You rather confirmed what I suspected. Excel it is then!!

Evo
6th Aug 2003, 03:27
I haven't tried running a group's finances with it, but Microsoft Money would probably do the job as well...

N Reg Aztec
6th Aug 2003, 03:51
Justicair,

I have developed (along with a colleague) an Access based program that allows users to log flights, claim fuel/oil rebates, process Eurocharges, and then automates the printing of month end statements and customs and excise drawback forms. :O

It's not ready for commercial circulation just yet, but if you want a copy (and you're reasonably computer literate :8 as there is no user guide yet!) then send me an email.

N Reg.

bcfc
6th Aug 2003, 15:44
N Reg

Check your PMs

Cheers
bcfc

dublinpilot
6th Aug 2003, 16:30
Justiciar,

If you use excel, then make sure your take paper printouts at regular occasions and store them.

Also make sure you keep a back up disk.

All too often I've seen people loose months of work on excel, far too easily!!

Files on hard disks can become corrupted, and floppies can be damaged for ages, without anyone ever realising....until it's needed of course!

dp