PDA

View Full Version : CAA Licence Applications

DaventryCTA
2nd Aug 2003, 03:13
The CAA have been unundated with applications for licences: mostly JAA PPL and Instructor Ratings.

I can tell you that as at Monday 28th July they were processing JAA PPL applications received on 7th July.

Once your fee has been debited to your credit card and/or receipt issued, this marks the spot where your application has been accepted as being "correct". The license is then "loaded" for printing which takes I believe another week to 10 days.

...my fee was taken on Wednesdayand hopefully now only a short wait.

nb. the above is from "inside" knowledge and hope it helps !

PS> One word of advice that can benefit us ALL - don't keep 'phoning them at Gatwick - their time is better spent dealing with our applications.:ok:

AdamUK
2nd Aug 2003, 05:03
It's a nightmare - you don't hear from them for weeks and don't have any idea if somethings wrong with the application.

They might even get reduced telephone calls if they bother to update their website http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/licensing/default.asp giving details of how up-to-date they are with processing.

I sent them an email a few weeks ago and they updated it, but haven't done so again since 21 July.