PDA

View Full Version : Flight Attendant wants ATC access.

Parry Hotter
28th Jul 2003, 12:56
Hi,

I hope someone reading this can give me some advise. I am a flight attendant based in Sydney. I have a keen interest in what happens outside the cabin, and would really enjoy going and having a look at what you guys/girls do in ATC.

How would I go about this. Is it possible for someone like myself to come and visit for an hour or so one day?

PakoSpain
28th Jul 2003, 15:10
No problem in the event you fly to .....Malaga.

ZRH
28th Jul 2003, 15:28
No problem in the event you fly to.......Zürich.

zed3
28th Jul 2003, 17:26
.....or Maastricht and visit the Eurocontrol Upper Area Centre.

Arran's view
28th Jul 2003, 21:59
We will welcome you in Scotland :D :

tobzalp
28th Jul 2003, 22:19
Sydney is a bit tough to get a tour of. I am in Brisbane and we have Virgin Attendants come through all the time fo a sticky beak (very very hard to take ;) ) I am sure that you would have a liason officer for such stuff who you could contact.

I know this is only the 1300 number but my arse would be grass if i gave out the centre phone (which u can get in ERSA anyway ie the phone number for cancelling SAR... but i did not say that...:ok: ) ...anyway this number will start you on the right track. 1300 301 120. There is a voice on the end I believe and not a recording so they should help I guess.

eastern wiseguy
28th Jul 2003, 23:04
No Worries in Belfast ...you bring the Tim Tams I'll make the coffee:ok:

Jerricho
29th Jul 2003, 01:46
Ooooooh.........if we're placing orders, I'll have a bottle of Square Bear and a huge box of Burger Rings.

Please, please, please........

rej
29th Jul 2003, 03:52
You could even come to Lyneham, UK .... provided it's before 2012 ish

ps. bring some b****y sunshine

SevernTMA
29th Jul 2003, 04:39
I can give you a very comprehensive tour of the Cardiff (old) South Wales unit......if you bring Kylie!:E

bekolblockage
29th Jul 2003, 07:05
How about Honkers???

Parry Hotter
29th Jul 2003, 14:40
Well, thankyou very much for all your reply's. Tobzalp, I will call that number and see what the outcome is. Thanks again.

I must say you all are a greedy bunch, what ever happened to just doing a good deed? :) Sounds like I will have to visit armed with many nice goodies in my bag. ;)

Hmmm, might have a bit of a problem fitting our lovley Kylie in though.

Thanks again to all that replied. :ok:

Point Seven
30th Jul 2003, 05:08
Always welcome at Heathrow tower for two bags of Strawberry Freddos.;)

P7

Jerricho
30th Jul 2003, 18:18
Hey P7 you should have said something. I had a bag of them kicking about not that long ago!!!! Have you tried melting them a little then eating with ice-cream!!

Mmmmmmmm......melted chocolate frogs with ice-cream

Adamastor
1st Aug 2003, 06:37
Parry Hotter - expect an email from the administrator shortly with some contact details. Cheers,

Adamastor

priscilla
3rd Aug 2003, 21:00
You'll be Welcome in Marseille.......if you ever have the opportunity to come here...perhaps we'll have a direct flight from Marseille to Sydney one day.........:rolleyes:

Scott Voigt
4th Aug 2003, 12:20
Parry;

It may or may not be possible in the states... With all of this security stuff they are doing we have to fill out a LOT of paper work to try to get a foriegn national into one of our facilities. It normally takes a minimum of four weeks, and then also is determined by the security level we are at which can change quite often...

regards

Scott

MrWalker
10th Aug 2003, 19:41
Parry,
The more crew that see how things work the better! You can even bring some pilots with you. Drop me an email.