PDA

View Full Version : ATCO medical

dannyo
24th Jul 2003, 18:38
I am currently in the final throes of the selection process to become a trainee ATCO with NATS.

I have had my medical at Heathrow and was issued the CAA class 2 certificate on the day and have since received my class one in the post.

Are there any more certificates to come or is that it? Do NATS issue their own?

Will the CAA have told NATS the results of my medical or do I need to inform, them?

Again, don't really want to hassle HR at NATS with "silly" questions whilst they're transitioning to Swanwick and all!!

Cheers!:ok:

LostThePicture
24th Jul 2003, 18:54
You shouldn't be needing any more certificates. All medical certificates are issued by the CAA, not by NATS.

I believe the class 2 is solely for flying training, the class 1 you will have to get renewed every 2 years to be allowed to continue in gainful employment as an ATCO.

The CAA should be keeping NATS informed of your medical status, so no need to pester the poor HR people scurrying around their portacabins at the bottom of Swanwick car park. ;)

Best of luck when you finally get on a course! :ok:

LTP

VectorLine
24th Jul 2003, 21:11
Dannyo,

Just the security clearance to get know and your in.
Don't worry - you won't hear anythng about the security check unless there are doubts.

So you've nowt to worry about, have you Komrade?

2 six 4
27th Jul 2003, 08:05
dannyo

The one you are looking for is a certificate of competence. Then you are an ATCO.

Welcome to ATC.

Ask the questions but pay attention to the answers