PDA

View Full Version : Pink Aviatior Bash, London 07th August.

BRL
21st Jul 2003, 21:19
As many of you know, Pinkster is coming to London for a few days on her way to Paris.

I suggest a bash on the evening of Thursday 7th August at The Old Bank of England pub on Fleet Street.

This has been thrown open to everyone rather than just our forum so hopefully a few people should turn up after work. I know its short notice but there you go. Lets welcome Pinkster to London with a few drinks.

See you there. :)

Rallye Driver
22nd Jul 2003, 00:10
Sounds good to me. Hopefully I'll be there after work.

RD :ok:

CSX001
22nd Jul 2003, 01:30
I shall be on duty all day, but all the best. Dark glasses de rigeur if PINK is not your colour, I assume!

Have a great time.

Charlie.

TheKentishFledgling
22nd Jul 2003, 02:51
Damn! That day I'm jetting out to the south of France to spend a couple of weeks in my mate's villa.

Sadly won't make it to London then :(

tKF

PS When's the next official Private Flying bash?

WestWind1950
22nd Jul 2003, 03:31
why is London so far away from me? http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/traurig/sad-smiley-019.gif
I already checked the flight prices... way above my budget... at least at the moment.... maybe in December?? ;)

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aktion/action-smiley-072.gif Westy

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
22nd Jul 2003, 05:53
Should be able to make it... :ok:

Pink_aviator
22nd Jul 2003, 06:03
Hope ,you recognise me, and I find the pub
as its a BANK i'm sure to find it,as i'm always being summoned to speak to the manager.

(I always thought it was husbands who got cross at over spending,and used the words BUDGETS.
Why does the bank manager always seem so interesred in my spending sprees.

ANY way, I'll be fresh from the matinee "blood brothers",so will have a spring in my step.
Do you think you will see me first ,before i see you?

sorry you cant make it kentish and westy, may be december.

PINKSTER

undertheweather
22nd Jul 2003, 06:05
I suspect that many (the majority?) of us don't know who this 'Pinkster' is - perhaps you could enlighten us?

treadigraph
22nd Jul 2003, 06:57
Would a non-PPL but ardent GA supporting Treadders be welcome cos I can make the date and would love to meet some of you folk...

Pink_aviator
22nd Jul 2003, 07:08
I do not know if i can or should answer this but have just seen you comment and will try to be brief
(that will be a first)

Basicall, I am a nobody.
JUST started ,flying at Easter
Just wanted a pair of pink head sets,
Just happened to get a crush on FI , who was 18 years my junior,
Just tried to get up to mischief in the cockpit with him,
Just ,he wasn't having any of it
Just happened to mention it all on the PINK HEAD SET thread,
Just happened to go solo ,with every body reading about it,,
Just happenned to exsperiance every excitement,and trauma of my lessons on thread,
Just a few lessons now off my skills test,
AND
have just enjoyed sharing ,and gaining exsperiance and confidence with all the pprunnes who were interested.

OH yes , and was abandoned publicly by FI who went to soar the sky ways new,(without me )

THATS THE PINKSTER,
PINK AVIATOR

TheKentishFledgling
22nd Jul 2003, 16:03
Enjoy Blood Brothers, pinky. You will! One of the best musicals on in London at the moment.

tKF

The Nr Fairy
22nd Jul 2003, 17:57
There's also three threads in the PPRuNe Bashes forum for London events - see here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96844) and here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95868) and here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96888).

BRL
23rd Jul 2003, 01:58
Tredders. You will be more than welcome to join us in the pub. Hope to see you there.

NR Any chance of you joining us on the 7th? I still owe you a drink or two...... (he gave me my first ever go in a helicopter....) :)

Looks like there could be a handfull turning up, thats not too bad for such short notice and a Thursday night too. Those of you who work in the city, just drop in for 5 mins on your way home..... :)

(oh, and Pinkster there is no excuse for not bringing some shortbread and flapjacks down with you..... ;) )

LowNSlow
23rd Jul 2003, 02:17
I'll be able to make the 7th with a bit of luck. See y'all in the BoE. :ok:

Haven't got plastered in de smoke since last year in a bash across the river............

treadigraph
23rd Jul 2003, 06:44
Cheers BRL. I will do me damndest to be there - and hope to talk Austers with LowNSlow - my first ever flight was in one, harrumph something years ago...

Pinkster - you aint a nobody, you are an aviating somebody - good on yer!

Pink_aviator
23rd Jul 2003, 16:56
Big excuse for not bringing short bread, like No AGA enroute, and I only serve the freshest produce, so it can be enjoyed and savoired to the full,
So sorry ,not this time,with the sweet crisp melt in your mouth biscuits, you will just have to get a plane with a big tank and Fly in and UP here.

What time shall i make my entrance,(sorry confused , i'm not appearing on stage ,just,watching at the theatre first.
S o shall i come straight to the pub,from matinnee,,about 6 oclock I suppose, when i've worked out where fleet street is.
I 'm familiar with the strand ,for obvious reasons, but have a map,and if i can read an aerial one ,i'm sure an A- Z will be easy peasy.
see you soon.
PINKSTER

Circuit Basher
23rd Jul 2003, 19:42
Hope the 'Pink Bashette' goes well - maybe we should issue a NOTAM for the area to ensure that the aviation community is aware of it ;) ;)

I will offer my apologies, Pinkster, but due to geography, I shall be unable to make it.

I shall, however be making a fleeting visit through the 'Big Smoke' tomorrow, arriving at Euston on the sleeper from EDI, heading to Victoria to get a train down to TkF land for a mid-morning meeting, then returning for a train around 1500 to head back North for the haggis-hunting season!! As Mrs CB will be collecting me at EDI station, I won't have a chance to indulge in a bashette! ;)

Still, if you're anywhere around a certain aviation emporium in Victoria between 1400 - 1500 and someone comes in to buy a new Scottish half mill chart, it's more than likely going to be me!!!

:)

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
29th Jul 2003, 06:40
Apologies, Pinkster, but I'm not going to be able to make it :{ I shall be on my way down to the Bristol Balloon Fiesta (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97528). Will do my best next time :ok:

Pink_aviator
29th Jul 2003, 15:28
Quelle horreur,

"OH Romeo oh Romeo, where for art thou going,"
oh yes, BRISOL, sorry to miss you ,have a good time.

CB
See me , I mean i'll see you maybe nearer home some time..

SORRY to hear you travelled by train and not plane.

Well i'll be there, at the Bank, even if i have to be on my little pinky own.

SO ,LOW AND SLOW, BIG RED L,TREDDERS, UNDERWEATHER AND MAY BE A FAIRY, SOUNDS FUN CITY TO ME.

PINK-AVIATOR

In Altissimus
29th Jul 2003, 17:41
As it's so near to work, I'll simply have to pop-in on the way home I suppose;)

There is one, um, condition:

Someone has to send me home if I get tiddly:\ The dentists' fees from the last bash are already eating into my flying budget:} :} :}

(A word of advice Pinky, PFL's on the pavement near Bank station are a baaaaaaad idea:{ - especially when uncertain of Weight and Balance)

FlyingForFun
29th Jul 2003, 19:00
Looks like I'll be working late that evening :( Hopefully won't stop me popping in for a quick one once I get away from the office though :ok: Assuming you're all still there, of couse. Mind you, not much danger of you lot going too far while the pubs are still open.... :rolleyes: :D

FFF
-------------

Pink_aviator
29th Jul 2003, 19:13
What have I let myself in for.
Why on earth would a civilised drink,in the civilised capital city ,in a civilised part of it , result in huge dental bills for Alttitymus(get on denplan )sir , and flying for fun is popping in for a Quickie.

Please do not corrupt old pinky and lead her a stray.
She's relying on you lot, to keep her from, getting to tiddly her self.

I wonder what Rodgerf has to say, he's coming to.

GREAT ,CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVES. IN THE DEEP SOUTH.

PINKSTER

arrow2
29th Jul 2003, 19:23
I will drop in for a drink on the way from work to my monthly curry bash in the city. Haven't been to a Pprune do for a while!

A2

Saab Dastard
30th Jul 2003, 05:20
I'll be there - about 18.30 ish, depending on the trines from Kroydon. :ok:

So where zigackly is this pub?

Cheers

SD

RodgerF
30th Jul 2003, 16:43
SD

The pub is at the top of Fleet Street (North Side) just to the East of the Law Courts by Temple Bar.

Nearest tube probably Temple.

Arrow on this link should be close enough

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=531102&y=181115&z=1&sv=531250,181250&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

For you SD City Thameslink might be an option

Pink_aviator
30th Jul 2003, 17:31
Pinkster has had a mishap this morning involving her arm , actually dissaterous start to day ,but that on other thread.

I will be there ,do not disspair, but my arm will be terribly bruised(atleast i'll get some sympathy.

My biggest problem will be how do i carry all my shopping in all my pinkbags with an arm i can hardly move which got crushed in the car door ,(i was in a temper and rushing , so silly sausage me)

Wont stop me G & T ing though (but may cut down the amount of shops i can visit.

IT wont stop me flying either so i'm not telling the AMD(is that the doctor)

any way still look out for a pink bandaged armed girl with pink carrier bags ( only in her right hand.)
GOSH IT HURT

If any boby had been arond i would have cried like mad, but as no one could kiss it better ,i didn't bother, but ouch, it was a bad one.

see you next week
(if nothing else happens to me )

pinkster
PINK-AVIATOR

Gertrude the Wombat
31st Jul 2003, 06:24
Can't make it I'm afraid. :{ :{ :{

I'll be on Vancouver Island just about to start my floatplane rating. :D :D :D

treadigraph
31st Jul 2003, 15:06
Sorry about your arm Pinkster, the recreational elbow exercise on T'ursday will do it good!

GtW, you lucky, lucky.... not doing your rating on the Martin Mars at Sproat Lake by any chance? I do but jest, wonder if they are still operational...

Saab Dastard
6th Aug 2003, 02:42
So, is this gaathering still going ahead? And at what time?

Despite the sweltering conditions I intend to show up for some (cold) drinks and maybe a bite to eat!

Cheers

SD

treadigraph
6th Aug 2003, 02:46
I'm still up for it! Getting thirstier...!

BRL
6th Aug 2003, 04:55
Shall we say 1830/1900 ?????

If anyone wants my mobile(number) just e-mail me and I will send it. See you all soon.. :)

Pink_aviator
6th Aug 2003, 05:13
I am coming. I suppose I will arrive about 6,00 as am coming from leicster square, having sweltered in a hot theatre.
In fact have jus arrived in london and there seems to be no air con in my hotel room "oh for a sea breeze tonight."
see you thursday
PINKSTER

treadigraph
6th Aug 2003, 06:53
I will get a ThamesLink from East Croydon ASAP after 1730, so should arrive between 1800 and 1830 warped rails notwithstanding... might see you on it Saab Dastard?

arrow2
6th Aug 2003, 22:03
I'll be there at 1800 - sooner the better as I will have to leave at about 1930 for more drinkies and curry in City with a bunch of other flyers! Guess it will not be difficult to spot the PA in the pub in her Pinkness.

A2

Saab Dastard
7th Aug 2003, 04:42
Tredders,

I won't be wearing pink - just red in the face - but I will try to remember my PPRuNe wings and I'll probably be wearing my SAAB baseball cap - it says "SAAB Original" on the side, so I have to, really ;)

Looking forward to meeting her serene pinkness!

Cheers

SD

treadigraph
7th Aug 2003, 19:08
Saab, I'll get the 17:28 at EC - black polo shirt, jeans, probably also red in face (it's the heat you know...)

BRL
7th Aug 2003, 22:54
Beware chaps. Its all just gone tits-up. 60mph speed restriction from 1400 today thus making journey times longer..... :(

I have just got in from work and am looking at getting the train at about 1700ish. should be up there about 1830ish.

In Altissimus
8th Aug 2003, 16:47
...with the same number of teeth as I started with:} :} :}

Good to see you all - when we eventually found each other by spotting the pink flashing beacon! Just goes to show that none of us 'look like pilots'.

BRL
8th Aug 2003, 17:32
Well I have got to say that was an excellent bash indeed. Just got up and my head hurts a bit. Plenty of Stella to be had last night.
Great to meet the Pinkster what an amazing woman.

I am off to a vineyard in Kent right now so I have not time to post the pictures but look out for them later on. Great they are too, some good ones in there.

treadigraph
8th Aug 2003, 19:14
Gosh, my head hurts too, and I must have been ratted as I acquired some Kentucky Fried Chicken on the way home! :yuk:

Great to meet you all, especially the Pinkster! Thanks also to BRL for an interesting trip back to East Croydon!

Scenario for those of you who weren't there: Treadders arrives at pub, espies large lady in pink, approaches and says "are you Pink Aviator... errrrr, obviously not". What a chat-up line! :uhoh:

When's the next one?

In Altissimus
8th Aug 2003, 19:19
Treaders - Cerise!!!

:)

iainpoll
8th Aug 2003, 19:38
Great bash - great to catch up, and meet the pinkster...

Head not too bad.....been worse:ouch:

ps; BRL - car has been officialy cristened - Fu Fu :ok: :ok:

Penguina
8th Aug 2003, 20:26
Really good to meet you last night Pink Aviator. Hope to see you again soon.

And the rest of you as well, of course. :)

Rallye Driver
8th Aug 2003, 20:31
Thoroughly enjoyable evening with a great bunch of people. Good luck Pinkster with your QXC and met exam!

Roll on the next bash.

RD

Penguina
8th Aug 2003, 20:34
See you got back OK then!

FlyingForFun
8th Aug 2003, 22:19
Well, despite the best efforts of the various train companies (Thameslink excepted), I managed to get home at 1.30am after a really fun evening. Good to see everyone, especially those people who I haven't seen for absolutely ages.... and of course it was great to meet Her Serene Pinkness! Hope you're enjoying your time in London, and we lived up to expectations... :eek:

FFF
--------------

Pink_aviator
9th Aug 2003, 02:47
HI every one ,
Your serene pinkness reporting in ,to say,fab,fab,night,

Great to see every one , all you pprunes and prunneess (thats you penguina.)

Of course my little blond head (alright dyed blond hair, ) was looking around in bewilderment ,in the large pub
(which I missed first time around)
(does not bode well for nav ,but what the hec)

For a friendly soul to grab me (oh I love to be grabbed)
and sure enough,there was tredders and arrow 2,sat by the door in eager anticipation,of a pink beuty to come in , but I arrived , and I was all sweaty, and beddragled from the heat , but they decided to introduce themselves to me any way.

Then alttitimus and ianpoll and saab appeared (i guess they were hidding upstairs, incase i had made a fool of my self ,by tripping over my boots, but i didn't.
BRL ,then breezed in closely followed by FFL and PENGUINA.
I hope i havn't forgotten any one. I wasn't slooshed with wine ,honest.
(pinkster doesn't do beer or larger,, wouldn't go with my dainty ness.)

What gents, you were (and a lady , if that sounds right,penguina)
a whole evening were we could talk flying(amoungst other thing)
without boreing any one.
(at least I hope I wasn't boring.)
I even felt,
(and i was the most inexsperianced there probably
(i'd like to say i was the youngest, but alas that prize did not go to me, or even the prettiest , but again the prize was won by another,)
but at least i understood and identified with what every one was saying , so my piloting skills must be improving.
I learnt alot of tips ,and surprise surprise,pinkster does not really venture forth any where any more , so the whole drinks bit although quite common for most people was a real enjoyable treat for me ,and i felt part of the real world again.

Thanks again all of you for making the effort
(all right i know any exscuse for a booze up )
but it was hot and a difficult journey for some , but seriously I enjoyed you all and the (and the farewell hugs,well especially the fare well hugs,(do not get many of those thease days)
so roll on the next bash,
who else will i meet ????

Now BRL , ONLY POST THE BEST SIDE OF ME ,WITH THE PICTURE,
(YOU KNOW HOW VAIN I AM)

SEE YOU

THE PINKSTER

Saab Dastard
9th Aug 2003, 07:26
Pink Aviator,

After reading 27 pages on the headsets thread, it was delightful to finally meet you in the flesh (if I may use the expression). I trust you got home safely, and not too late given your early start for Shoreham.

What a lovely evening - it was really great to meet new PPRuNers and meet up with friends again.

Cheers

SD

LowNSlow
9th Aug 2003, 16:39
Sorry I couldn't make , sounds like you all had a good time. :ok: