PDA

View Full Version : Any GA in Ibiza

jayemm
19th Jul 2003, 21:22
Hols in Ibiza in a week.

Like to fly when on hols wherever possible

Haven't tracked down any info for Ibiza. Looks like there's just the main airport, but wondered if any GA operates there.

Can anyone help?

Monocock
20th Jul 2003, 15:55
I did exactly that last year. Two weeks in Ibiza without any flying seemed a tall order so I went on the hunt for something to fly. (I told the wife I was off to find her something at the shops:} )

I had my licence with me so was allowed to pass through into the "Aeroclub Ibiza" area of the airport and then I found a chap called Xavier. A very nice chap he is too. Unfortunately it appears that there is not a club as such and people who fly from there tend to be owners/part owners in aircraft. I was offered a 50th share in a C337 for a thousand pounds and was told I would be more than welcome to fly it as often as I liked!

The Palma/Ibiza airspace is quite complicated too. Therefore, I decided to go and buy some croissants to take home for the wife and gave it up as a bad job!

Good luck:ok:

jayemm
20th Jul 2003, 17:28
Thanks Monocock.

Doesn't look too promising. Do you have any contact information?

Monocock
21st Jul 2003, 05:21
No, sorry, I threw the chaps number away. Didn't fancy being in a queue of 50 to fly something. Having said that, the 337 has always intrigued me.

PM me if you want some details about the island if you are unfamiliar with it. I have visited at least twenty times in the last 6 years!!!! It's a fantastic and beautiful place. The reputation of being a clubbers paradise has somewhat taken away the emphasis of the fact that it is by far the loveliest of the Balearic islands.