PDA

View Full Version : Delage French VFR Guide

Flyin'Dutch'
19th Jul 2003, 04:38
Hi

Does anybody know where I can find the Delage book with the accompanying charts (I believe 1/1000000) which are sold in the plastic wallets with stripes on them.

Looked at some websites and can find a Pooleys version but not the wallet with the charts.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction.

TIA

FD

GRP
19th Jul 2003, 06:52
If you mean the 'Documents VFR' - the plastic folder with the 1 mil charts of france, the 1:250000 of the Paris area and the complement to the charts (containing the restricted area info) then call Transair. I bought one yesterday and had to call them and ask for it since it does not appear to be available on their web site. Turned up today, complete with stripes as described.

Transair seem to know this as the french radio nav pack.

Not Delage... SIA.

Fly Stimulator
19th Jul 2003, 07:28
I got mine here (http://www.boutique.aero/) at a rather large saving over the Transair price.

They took a while to arrive, but that was in the midst of the French strikes a few weeks ago.

Flyin'Dutch'
19th Jul 2003, 14:46
Thanks folks,

Due to imminent trip I will have to fork out the extra and get it from Transair.

FD

Keef
19th Jul 2003, 16:21
The "Radionavigation à Vue" (wonderful concept) chart pack isn't Delage - that's more a French Pooley's.

I used to pick up an R à V from LFAT each year when it was published, at an even cheaper price, but they don't seem to carry it any more.

Nowadays, I have the two Northern French half-mill charts on subscription at Transair, and Bottlang has all the LF-R and LF-P information. I find the half-mills easier to use than those one-mills, too.

Dearer, though.

You coming to Reims, FD?

QDMQDMQDM
20th Jul 2003, 01:15
FD,

You can borrow my French VFR guide (more airfields than Delage), the 1:1000000 charts and the handbook of restricted areas. I'll also send you back the Swiss jeppesen plates, but still have to sort them out.

David

Flyin'Dutch'
20th Jul 2003, 04:11
Thanks friends for all the kind offers and advice.

In process of procuring said maps/guides and books.

Keef; very keen to come to Prunay and working hard on it but a few items to sort out!

Hope to see you over there! Ironing the epaulettes as we speak!

FD