PDA

View Full Version : New Bristol Initial departure levels?

ATCO1987
11th Jul 2003, 05:46
Hello,
Ok listening on my scanner Bristol now appears to have changed initial levels, WOTAN remains FL90, however BCN and EXMOR are FL150 and AMMAN FL140, are these permanent? Also if they are permanent have the inbound levels changed?
Thanks!
Dan.

5milesbaby
11th Jul 2003, 05:52
Expect someone in the know will give you the full gen soon, but yes the whole airspace around Bristol and Cardiff changed last night (9/10th July) giving Cardiff more airspace basically, I believe up to FL160 rather than FL110. Therefore levels will change accordingly.

flower
11th Jul 2003, 05:55
I partly responded to this on ATSA post.
New levels are associated with Cardiff s delegated function.
The levels are permenant and likewise inbound levels have changed to
From EXMOR and TALGA they are FL160
From AMMAN Fl170

Also Cardiffs responsibility has extended as far south now as overhead Exeter Airfield and upto 5 miles north of TALGA so quite an expansion.

Listen out in a few months to yet more changes to procedures for Bristols and Cardiffs traffic !!!!

11th Jul 2003, 22:42
Thanks for the heads-up Flower, my West-End buddies and I will be eagerly awaiting more new procedures info. The first couple of days don't seem too bad at all. Am currently saving up for a liaison visit, apparently the only spare money available at Swanwick is to allow the Local Area Supervisors to go on a management training day.........anything identified as being of benefit to operational controllers is still banned. Thank goodness for PPrune, in the absence of any kind of in-house communication it is invaluable.

Gonzo
11th Jul 2003, 23:11
We've been told liaison visits are back on, but no-one's told us how much the budget is, or if ATSA 2s, Lighting panel ATSA 4s are allowed as well, or if it's just ATCOs.

flower
12th Jul 2003, 04:27
055166K,

I too would love a liasion Visit to Swanwick have never ever been there , but for some reason our senior Management see no benefit in them as they see no benefit in Fam Flights.

Of course understanding how the next sector works isn't at all important :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Airspace I hope will be good to us all , and Im sure the Berryhead ATCOs in particular will have been glad to hand over the Airspace between EXMOR and Exeter to us.