PDA

View Full Version : Airfiels in Holland

Established ILS 27L
26th Jun 2003, 18:15
Some advice again please,

I am lookind for recommendation on airfield in and around amsterdam and also routes people have flown and any problems i may encounter.........

Keef
26th Jun 2003, 18:27
I've flown into Schiphol a few times, and enjoyed the experience (the VFR corridor works!) but the landing fee was pretty steep last time I did it. The first time, I paid about 5 guilders; last time was about £60.

The others around are all quite nice - Lelystad has a certain appeal!

Jhieminga
26th Jun 2003, 23:41
Although it's possible as Keef mentioned I wouldn't recommend Schiphol, Lelystad is a good alternative with plenty of facilities and within commuting distance from Amsterdam. There's also Hilversum which is a small grass field not too far out but I've never been there.

Flyin'Dutch'
27th Jun 2003, 02:32
Hoi

Just returned from a trip to the Low Countries. Good fun and pretty straightforward.

If you route via Dover you can expect a route either via KOK or direct EBOS. Will depend a bit on whether the mil areas are active or not. Ostend Approach or Koksijde can inform you.

FIS in Holland can be obtained from Dutch Mil 132.35 who are pretty helpful.

Go to AMS if you are feeling flush but Lelystad is pretty wel placed and apparently taxiride is affordable or you can catch the train.

The Jepp chart is OK. Airspace is pretty straightforward in Holland.

Mode C is compulsory above 1200ft and no exceptions are allowed.

Make sure you get the appropriate plates for the airfield you are going into as there can be some routing to follow and a prepared man counts for 2.

Hilversum is nice but has 'only' grass RWYs some of which are not very long. Not a problem in itself but I remember from another thread you are looking to go 6 up in a PA32 in which case a long tarmac job may be a better bet.

Have fun.

FD

TheKentishFledgling
27th Jun 2003, 04:21
I've been to both Midden Zeeland and Lelystad - both excellent.

I thought the restaurant at Lelystad was great for the experience (an airliner!!), and I think they concentrated on the tranditional Dutch food, where as the Midden Zeeland restaurant was slightly more expensive, but IMHO, better food.

Both had great atmospheres, especially Lelystad, as they had an aero comp on while I was there.

tKF