PDA

View Full Version : X Country Solo Qualifier Completed!

MR TEDDY
25th Jun 2003, 20:39
At long last I completed my Cross Country Solo Qualifying flight on Tuesday 24th June! The trip took me from Wycombe to Cambridge, then onto Leicester and finally back to Wycombe.

The flight went well and was essentially uneventfull. The vis from Cambridge to Leicester did start to deteriorate around 15:00 but not sufficiently to hinder my progress even though there are few ground features along this portion of the route.

I finally returned to Wycombe with a sense of triumph and relief....so now it's hopefully just knuckling down for a week of GFT revision and basic instrument training around mid July and just maybe I might be approaching the final hurdle to my licence!!!

DRJAD
25th Jun 2003, 20:56
Well done, indeed.

Its a good feeling that takes a long time to fade!

Now, as you say, for the final hurdle - but don't forget to carry on enjoying the flying.

Brooklands
25th Jun 2003, 21:07
Well done.

I have to say when I saw that you were flying with the CFI on Sunday I thought you were doing your GFT, unfortunatley I had to go before you got back.

Best of luck for the GFT

Brooklands

AdamUK
25th Jun 2003, 21:18
Contratulations Mr Teddy !

Leicester and Cambridge seem to be popular places for the Qualifying Flight; I fly out of Coventry and had the same destinations.

Good luck with the GFT.

monkeyslave
26th Jun 2003, 00:06
Well done! Its an amazing feeling as I just did mine last Friday - Cambridge - Gloster - Coventry - Cambridge.

Finally got my RT sorted too.

Roll on the Skill's Test!