PDA

View Full Version : Climatology for Airline Pilots... any good?

BayAreaLondoner
16th Jul 2001, 08:16
One of the US private pilot mags mentioned a new book called Climatology for Airline Pilots by Roy Quantick.
I was wondering if anyone here has seen/read it, and if so, whether they can recommend it?

PPRuNe Towers
20th Jul 2001, 03:12
Flew with an effo the other day brandishing the aforesaid tome. Quick flick through and it looked very good indeed.

Now obviously you wouldn't buy a book on such a vague recommendation.

However, Roy taught me Met for my licence back in the late eighties. He was an acknowledged world expert in micro climatology even then and an outstanding teacher. I will be buying the book as I can't imagine he's lost his touch :D :D :D

Rob Lloyd

BayAreaLondoner
24th Jul 2001, 20:33
Just the sort of recommendation I wanted!
Thanks - will be spending some dosh today I think :)

BAL.

Tom the Tenor
24th Jul 2001, 22:32
Good, BayAreaLondoner, enjoy studying the book! Nothing like Retail Therapy, eh? Ordered a satelite dish myself yesterday for Discovery Wings. Was watching it at my cousin's last Saturday after we got back to the house from her 50th Birthday Party Bash and I couldn't take not having it at home anymore so am waiting patiently until Thursday or Friday when the thing will be installed! So between PPRuNe and Discovery Wings even less work will now get done at home!! Oops!

BayAreaLondoner
25th Jul 2001, 00:52
Tom... I am envious!!!
I so badly want a satellite dish, but I can't see the SW sky from my flat. Therefore, I get to make do with our local (rip-off) cable provider.
I even went as far as buying a DirecTV setup, dragging it home, waving it around the balcony... and ending up having to return it because I couldn't capture the signal.
Enjoy Discovery Wings, and your new toy. You will have no life at all now!

David.