PDA

View Full Version : Military Atc 5 A Side's

KPax
15th Jun 2003, 23:42
A moment of trivia. This weekend saw the hosting of the military atc 5 a side competition held at RAF Shawbury. An excellent day with a superb turnout saw a first class tornament that brought nothing but credit to military ATC. Maybe in the future their will be scope for our civilian brethern to participate. Any comments?.:cool:

jack-oh
16th Jun 2003, 04:57
what were the results?:O

Roger Dodge
16th Jun 2003, 16:18
KPax

We would love to enter a team/teams but unfortunately due to insurance and other issues (I think the RAF sports fund pays something towards it) it seems it will never happen.

BTW

West Drayton (LATCC Mil) won the event

KPax
17th Jun 2003, 00:55
Yes LATCC (Mil) won it, but isnt it a shame that the biggest ATC squadron in the RAF felt the need to play a ringer. Still if it means that much to them then what can I say. Believe the ringer was a (civvy) unsure what job he does. Come on then LATCC give us a reply and stop the bad feeling that is going around. After all we were there to enjoy ourselves, which everyone seemed to do.

nodelay
17th Jun 2003, 21:11
I understand Prospect are negotiating at this very moment with the upper echelons to allow Nats units (including airports) to take part in this prestigious event. Leave can be sold back at a fantastically high price (even for airports) if getting a team of five together proves difficult!!

savechip55
18th Jun 2003, 00:59
No bad feeling here KPax, we all had a great time, winning was obviously a bonus! :D

HounslowHarry
18th Jun 2003, 19:07
NoDelay. What are you on about? Have you a chip somewhere? It's a shame you're never relevant!

KPax. I'm sure us civvies would love to play but we never did understand the rules you boys in blue "play" under. We'd all get sent off for doin' some of the things you do.

It's a shame we don't work closer.

Hh.

KPax
19th Jun 2003, 01:10
HounslowHarry, the only difference is pay and that is not your fault. I think it would scare too many people if we started working closer.

Proletarian
19th Jun 2003, 04:53
However nice it might appear to invite all and sundry to enter teams in the Shawbury 5-a-sides, the logistics of having a great many more teams competing might prove to be a problem. The ultimate decision on who will be invited to compete will be taken by the organisers in CATCS. Suggestions for improving the tornament should be directed to them in the first instance (names of those involved appeared in the programme). However, do remember that it takes a considerable amount of work and time to arrange the event, so bear that it mind before suggestion some particularly outlandish idea.