PDA

View Full Version : New York FDSO

spils
28th May 2003, 17:34
The FAA web site lists Garden City (NYC) as an approved FDSO for issuing a CAA to FAA licence conversion.
Has anyone been to this FDSO, or had any experience in getting a conversion done "quickly" over in NYC??

I am off to NY at the end of July for 4 days and am looking to schedule in a short conversion. I have seen on this forum posts where people have nipped over to NY just to get this done, and would appreciate any feedback as to the procedure, FDSO and where abouts it is.

Mike Cross
29th May 2003, 00:30
Problem with your spollung!

It's FSDO (Flight Safety District Office). You may find some useful pointers here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90602)

I'm no use to you because it was just turn up and go when I got mine.

Mike

knobbygb
29th May 2003, 01:58
It's FSDO (Flight Safety District Office).
Actually, it's Flight STANDARDS distrct office. I'm not usually pedantic - but you started it. ;)

spils, the FAA website explains exactly what you need to do - it's quite simply if you read it carefully and do exactly what it says. Can't be bothered posting a link - you'll probably find it in the thread above or one of several others. Don't worry about the 3 month (maximum) timescale they quote to process the application - mine was ready for collection in less that 2 weeks. Good luck.

Mike Cross
29th May 2003, 02:25
OK, I owe you a pint, should have verified it before opening my big mouth:(

Mike