PDA

View Full Version : Airprox reports

astir 8
22nd May 2003, 16:35
I was looking on the CAA/UKAB site for the details of an airprox investigation but all I seem to be able to access are the first 15 pages of preamble and summary etc, not the 200 odd pages of detailed reports listed in the "contents"

It's probably my cr*** computer operation, so can anybody tell me how to access the whole thing?

Mike Cross
22nd May 2003, 20:04
What's the URL of the page you were looking at?

When I look at the UK Airprox Board Website (http://www.caa.co.uk/ukab/default.asp) all I can find are analyses, not detail.

Mike

fulham fan
22nd May 2003, 20:55
Hi, the actual reports don't appear on the web - as you've found all you get is the analysis. The only way to see the actual reports is to get hold of a copy of the 200+page books. There are two volumes published each year covering six months each. The latest - volume 8 - covers jan to june 2002.

UKAB does a pretty wide distribution and your local flying club might have one propping open a door somewhere. If not contact UKAB - they might be able to send you one.

COYW

astir 8
23rd May 2003, 16:57
Aha!

that explains why I can't find them on the web. I wonder why not. It seems a bit strange that all the accident report details are available to learn from, but not the nearly-an-accident ones

Thanks for the info anyway