PDA

View Full Version : Medway Council rebuked

Sir George Cayley
22nd May 2003, 06:01
Remember the letter those of us who wrote in support of Rochester received from Medway Council? It was gobbledegook and took several goes to decipher that in fact our protestations about the revised local plan would be ignored.

Well I sent it to the Plain English Campaign complaining that it failed to convey a clear message.

They have now replied and not only agreed that Medways letter was "unclear" and "ambiguous". They also cited "council speak" and related the the use of different terms for the same thing to schoolchildrens vocabulary

They end by stating that they have written to the council officer concerned

Yes a Phyric Victory I know but I thought that like Biggles "a ghost of a smile" might cross your face

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones (but Medway Councils) door

SKYYACHT
22nd May 2003, 12:47
I too got the Medway Council Letter. I suppose that we will now see a vast "affordable housing" complex there, or an industrial or science "park". I hope the local residents enjoy it as much as they do the current view. I was quite disappointed.....I have written to Surrey CC about their local plan (no reply) Wrekin and Telford (2 letters) and W Sussex CC (2 letters and an invite to go to meetings). Unless a few more of us get our communal fingers out, we will wake up one morning with only one airport per county......

Blue skies!

:mad:

Genghis the Engineer
22nd May 2003, 14:45
I once forwarded a letter from CAA that I couldn't make head nor tail of to the Pain English Campaign. Their reply referred to it as gobbledook.

We may not agree with everybody else out there, but it only fair that we should be allowed to understand them.

G

skua
22nd May 2003, 20:36
I thought that in the recent Council elections, Medway was lost by Labour to the Tories, who have all along pledged to keep the airfield as is. Tell me I am not wrong !

Skua

DeepC
23rd May 2003, 15:16
I'd be interested to know which Medway Council officer signed the letter. Communications from Medway tend to be an exercise in deciphering.

DeepC

flyingfemme
25th May 2003, 20:57
SKYYACHT Medway Council are acting contrary to the wishes of most local residents. The traffic is bad enough on that road without adding a few thousand more households to the chaos. Most locals like the airport coz it is inoffensive and reasonably quiet.