PDA

View Full Version : French meteo code

QDMQDMQDM
18th May 2003, 06:19
Just wondering if there is a kind soul out there who will lend me his / her French weather code, rather than having to go through the palaver of faxing them a photocopy of my PPL etc.? A visiting French pilot did give me his, but, idiot that I am, I have mislaid it.

Perhaps you could PM it?

Thanks,

QDM

Cusco
18th May 2003, 06:35
Its not such a palaver, and once you've got it you've got it for keeps

What's the problem? It costs nothing.

It states quite clearly that the code is confidential and should not be divulged to a third party.

The address is

Meteo France
Direction de la Production
Codes aereonautiques
42 Avenue Coriolis
F31057
Toulouse
Cedex France

Safe flying.

Cusco:ok:

Flying Boat
18th May 2003, 06:48
If you can't get a code in time, don't worry

Go to www.nav2000.com and in the top box entitled l'information aeronautique pour le pilote loisir, type the icao code for the aerodrome you require.
Then move the cursor to the weather icon & click.

Hey presto, weather TAFS & METARS for the aerodrome. With its update in small writing at the top.

There is also a dropdown menu of all the weather for other aerodromes starting nearest at the top, eg Cherbourg, then Alderney, Jersey, Guernsey, Caen, Dinard, Bournemouth, etc

It works I have just checked before posting.

Also if you click on the I icon, you will get full aerodrome info.

It is like an online delage. The small links on the aerodrome sites are also good, for example the Bagnoles de l'orne link to the local aeroclub gives you flying French pour les Anglais.

It even gives you en-route notams, again just tried it (EGJJ-ELLX)& it works.

Happy planning
FB

:ok:

But I agree with Cusco, if you want a code just get one.

capt_sparky
18th May 2003, 18:23
You can also fax your request (with a copy of your licence) to Meteo France on +33 5 61 07 80 79

QDMQDMQDM
18th May 2003, 21:33
Thanks for the info, everyone.

I was simply trying to conserve calories on the basis that it is smart to do as little work as possible. I am kicking myself for losing that French fellow's login.

Anyone, if there are any fellow would-be criminals out there who are prepared to defy French civil law and the DGAC, please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

David

welkyboy
19th May 2003, 00:40
As far I know the French use the same met code as everyone else in the world apart from US What code are you refering to????

QDMQDMQDM
19th May 2003, 01:16
As far I know the French use the same met code as everyone else in the world apart from US What code are you refering to????

You need to get a code to access French met services.

Bre901
19th May 2003, 04:06
As stated on the MeteoFrance website, you can also fax your PPL
to +33-5-61 07 80 79

The easiest way (no need to stand up from your chair) would be to mail a scan of your license to : [email protected].
I guess they would be able to find someone having a fair understanding of english over there. Nevertheless, you could use the following text (copyright free):

"Bonjour

Merci de me faire parvenir par retour un code d'acces Aeroweb.
Ci joint copie de ma licence No : (license #)

Cordialement"

(Name)

Hope this helps

QDMQDMQDM
28th May 2003, 04:02
Many thanks. Have just emailed them with my scanned licence. Will let you know what happens.

David