PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 Medical

Tall_guy_in_a_152
14th May 2003, 23:40
There have been several pprune threads in the past year regarding the cost of medicals for JAR Class 2 compared to the NPPL medical declaration. At one point, I seriously considered swapping my PPL(A) for an NPPL, but decided I could not give up my occasional jaunts to France.

Anyway, the point of this post is that today I renewed the Class 2 for the sum of £75, which seems to be right down at the cheaper end of the scale. Less, in fact, than some ppruners have been charged by their GP for an NPPL signature (although I suspect that was caused by the GP's ignorance of the brevity of the requirements at the time).

Feel free to PM me for more details (Gatwick area).

TG

djk
15th May 2003, 17:34
I paid £60 for my class 2 renewal. add a couple of quid more for train fare to get to West Wickham, but £60 seemed fairly reasonable. I'm sure there are some places that will do it cheaper

LowNSlow
15th May 2003, 19:29
Mine's going to stick me for £130 including the ECG (Extra Cash Generator) :(

QDMQDMQDM
15th May 2003, 19:41
Unfortunately, the CAA medical examiner gig is a closed shop, heavily regulated by the CAA and very difficult to get into. If I could get in, I would, and then I'd give you all you ppruners at least, oh, a 2% discount.

Hey, we have to pay for our flying somehow. ;)

QDM

15th May 2003, 20:53
Mine cost me a bottle of wine:D