PDA

View Full Version : Piper Cherokee Six or Similar

Goldfinger
13th May 2003, 20:35
I'd like to rent out something like a Cherokee Six, an Arrow or pretty similar to maintain my IR skills over the next year.

Preferably with retractable u/c and VP.

I've been quoted £150 phour tacho wet for a Cherokee Six that is fitted out reasonably ok to IFR standards.

The a/c has to be based in the South East.

Any idea's ???

Alternatively I could put my money into a/c share's though i would need to get back that investment in 12 months time.

Plan C would be putting several thousand into a type-rating but it seems as though there are way too many if's and but's with that line of action !!!

Thanks

Goldfinger
:cool: :cool:

PS, i'm going to be practising in a sim and want to add a few quality hours to the logbook !!!

drauk
13th May 2003, 21:44
This request should be addressed to a particular guy based at Elstree - it's uncanny. He owns an Arrow and a Cherokee 6 and rents them out on a pretty casual basis (no specific minimum requirements, a checkout with a local instructor, web based booking system, send him your times and he sends you a bill). I'll PM you his email address if interested.

Availability is pretty good, other than the Cherokee 6 at weekends.. The Arrow is 90/hour and the 6 is 110/hour, all-in, no VAT.

13th May 2003, 22:24
The six is fixed gear and no low hr pilots mind.

drauk
14th May 2003, 01:43
Yes mystery ****** man. I heard some other people at the aerodrome weren't very happy about his low prices.

max roll rate
14th May 2003, 01:54
There is also pa32-300 for hire at Turweston
contact Peter Maynard 07768992588
£90 hr per tach hr (dry)

GRP
14th May 2003, 07:05
Goldfinger,

I've left you a PM. Don't want to be seen to be advertising!

GRP

Flash0710
15th May 2003, 15:07
People at Els unhappy?

Would not have believed that for on mo.......;)

WelshFlyer
15th May 2003, 19:34
At my local aerodrome you can rent Cherokees for 80-90 an hour, all IFR standard (Even with instrument-panel mounted GPS running through a nice big 10" screen.

That's at caernarfon airparc, bit of a long way from you I know, but up here in Wales, flying is usually cheeper than everywhere else.

WelshFlyer

drauk
15th May 2003, 21:07
WelshFlyer, I think those are maybe smaller Cherokees than those being discussed here (i.e. complex 6 seaters). Mind you, 80/hour would be fairly cheap in the SE even for a Warrior.

15th May 2003, 21:09
WelshFlyer, dare I say it but when you say 'cherokee' do you mean PA28s or does Wales have several PA32s?

Goldfinger wants a PA28R or a PA32

WelshFlyer
15th May 2003, 21:13
Ok, no they are the 4 seat model. mona has an arrow for hire at about the same price. ALL PA28s no 32s in this area that i know of. all these 28s are fully IFR compliant.

WelshFlyer

Dunc
16th May 2003, 01:40
Goldfinger

I am the man from Elstree and I have mailed you my number - If interested Block rates are avail.

I am suprised that people on the field are unhappy with my prices - who could that be????

Goldfinger
16th May 2003, 20:51
Have managed to find PA32-300

For our Welsh comrades, its a six seater complex single with a 300 hp elastic band. I appreciate that flying is cheaper up north, up west, up just about anywhere than London and the Home Counties. I would love to move to that part of the country but my domestic goddess keeps me chained to the sink and ironing board to earn my keep Monday to Friday.

I only get out to play at the weekends.....so its a bit difficult to get to the lovely Welsh hills or anywhere else which has really good cheap a/c rental rates for that matter (And no i'm not starting another thread/argument). Now if only I could afford one of those lovely Hawker Hunters........

For all of you who have offered information and ideas, thank you for your time. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Goldfinger:D