PDA

View Full Version : converting FAA instuctor to JAA instructor

MEI
13th May 2003, 02:02
Already have my FAA instructor ratings and want to get my JAR one. Am currnetly finishing up my ATPL exams, will do the commercial conversion and instrument - multi but then want to get the instructor over here. What's my next move. Can I just take the course approved by CAA or is there something else. Also just a sidenote, is there a place in the U.K where they do FAA instruction. thanks

Fogbound
13th May 2003, 18:45
FI Rating Conversion to JAA

…… applies only to converting basic flight instructor privileges and restrictions similar to those issued to a full course JAR-FCL FI(A).

Pre-requisites flight and theoretical requirements

Before commencing a Flight Instructors Course (FIC) an applicant must satisfy the course pre-entry requirements:

a) Hold either a valid UK CAA or JAR-FCL aeroplane pilot’s licence, which includes a valid Single Engine Piston (Land) Class or single pilot, Single Engine Type Rating.

b) Meet the knowledge requirements for the grant of a JAR-FCL Commercial Pilot Licence (Aeroplanes).

c) Have at least 200 hours of flight time on aeroplanes of which:

i) PPL(A) holder shall have at least 150 hours as PIC or
ii) CPL/ATPL(A) holder shall have at least 100 hours as PIC.

d) PPL/CPL/ATPL(A) holder shall have completed:

i) At least 30 hours on single engine piston aeroplanes of which at least 5 hours shall be in the six months preceding the pre-entry flight test.
ii) At least 10 hours instrument flight instruction in aeroplanes of which not more than 5 hours may be instrument ground time in a FNPT or a flight simulator.
iii) At least 20 hours of cross-country flight as PIC of aeroplanes, including a cross-country flight of at least 540km (300nm) in the course of which full-stop landings at two aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made.
iv) Pass a specific pre-entry flight test with an FI qualified as per JAR-FCL 1.330(f) based upon the proficiency check as per JAR0FCL 1.240(b), within the six months preceding the start of the course. *

* The pre-entry flight test will assess the ability of the applicant to undertake the course.

FIC Flight and Theoretical Training Requirements

An applicant for the FI(A) rating shall have completed an approved course of both flight and theoretical knowledge instruction training at an approved FTO. The course is intended to train the applicant to give instruction on single engine aeroplanes up to a PPL(A) standard.

a) This must include at least 15 hours of flight training and 30 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction.

Skill Test Requirements

a) Pass the relevant elements of a FI Skill Test in a single pilot, single engine aeroplane with a suitably qualified FIE(A).