PDA

View Full Version : How long for CAA to issue PPL?

Mach 1
12th May 2003, 19:27
Rumours abound that there are currently delays at Aviation House, Gatwick with a backlog of licences to issue.

Has anybody had recent experience of applying for initial PPL issue and what sort of timescale was involved?

It's not that I'm desperate to get flying y'understand!

Holdposition
12th May 2003, 20:31
You can get turnaround the same day.....if youknow how to beat the system, otherwise I hear about 3 weeks is the norm.:O

charlie-india-mike
13th May 2003, 07:52
Mach 1

Mine took around 12 working days but that was over the new year period.

Should be around 10 days.

C-I-M

OBK!
13th May 2003, 09:46
If you take the hint from Holdposition and give them a call, then they might be able to do something if you are desperate to be a the controls again so soon. The CAA can be very accomodating when you bluff your way. I managed to get an MEP issue in 3 days from posting to recieving. I guess you could try and just come up with a good excuse...:p

Normally if you wait, they take between 10 days and 4 weeks so I have been told. At least it's not as bad as waiting for ATPL results as with the PPL, you know you've already passed!

Cheers
obk

DRJAD
13th May 2003, 18:06
Just had mine back in the post. Arrived about 3 days after the notification that they were debiting my credit card.

Total issue process, from me posting all the forms, etc., to getting everything + the licence back was about three weeks - and they quoted 15 working days when I called to query progress.

hasell
13th May 2003, 20:44
Mine took 12 days from sending off the paperwork.

That was early Feb. 2003 though.

H.

bar shaker
14th May 2003, 02:43
Just got mine through. Two weeks.