PDA

View Full Version : PPL Sponsership

Dan Collins
12th May 2003, 04:55
Hi,
Does anyone know where i can get sponsership or part sponsership for a PPL??? i have just started mine and would prefer to have a part sponsership as with only a part time job while im at collage it is going to be hard to find the money.

If anybody knows of anywhere can they please let me know.

regards
Dan Collins
A definate wannabe :hmm:

pilotpj
12th May 2003, 05:11
Dan,

You might like to try The Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators (GAPAN) www.gapan.org who offer a full PPL or The Air League www.airleague.co.uk as they offer scholarshis for 15 hours. Not sure of the timing for applications right now - take a look at the web sites. Other than that, it's probably hard graft. Try getting some work at your local airfield for the flying shool or other establishment as they may offer something by way of hours in return. Keep at it and you may get lucky!

Good luck as it's worth every minute of the effort when you get it - believe me!

PJ

Elvis21
12th May 2003, 17:18
Dan,

I had mine part sponsored by the RAF. They paid for 20 hrs and 3 of the exams. Not sure if you would want to go down that route though.

Best of luck

Hoping
12th May 2003, 21:06
9 spelling mistakes in 66 words.
If you make a habit of getting these things right then maybe you will avoid a costly mistake when it really matters.
GAPAN do PPL sponsorships. I think the website is www.gapan.org or similar.

pilotpj
14th May 2003, 02:08
Hoping - it must be hard work being perfect. I think given the nature of this post you are concentrating on the wrong area. Dan asked for help and people gave it. There's no need to be sarcastic. Have you looked at some of the posts in the Rumours and News section? If you want to find spelling mistakes, take a peek there and most of those posts are by very qualified pilots. I presume that given your login name you are still 'hoping' for something - good luck.

Dan Collins
14th May 2003, 02:31
thanks guys, ive looked at the sites and unfortunatly (dont care if it is spelt wrong) they have all stopped for now, looks like i will have to fund it for a while and just keep looking.

regards
Dan

NinjaBill
18th May 2003, 06:52
How Hard did you look?

The air league are continuing to take applications until the 30th of June. I suggest you re-read the web site a little more throughly

NB

BEagle
18th May 2003, 14:15
pilotpj, 'Hoping' is quite correct. Quite a few organisations despair at the quality of written English from some applicants - which is why you'll find that many of them now insist on written work at the selection stage. Without the applicant having access to a PC or spell-checker.

Interestingly, it's often the applications from those for whom English is not their mother tongue which are written in the best English. What a reflection on our so-called academic system that is!

So I'd abandon txtmsg yoofspeak and learn to spell, if I were you Dan! Harsh, but true.

Another St Ivian
18th May 2003, 15:50
I fully understand the points you make, BEagle. Spelling and grammar do appear to be poor these days, however during the GAPAN and RAF application/interview processes I don't remember taking a written English test at any point.
In fact the GAPAN application can be completed on a computer, which you may want to take note of Dan. A spell checker and friend on hand to proof-read will be of a great help to you.
Just to finish off most people who use text message speak on the internet do not do so in real life.

A.S.I

Dan Collins
18th May 2003, 22:00
NinjaBill, I am not old enough for the Air League, not 17 by september this year.

A.S.I Thanks, i do not write like this if i am doing an application form, and yea my spelling is crap but thats why i would get people to check it and proof read myself.

Well for now im going to keep trying, ill find sumwhere in the end!!!

Regards
Dan

BRL
19th May 2003, 00:08
Good luck Dan and keep on at it, keep you head up.
Please take notice of what is said on this thread even if it comes across as a bit sharp. The Internet is not the best place to get things across exactly as you want them to.

Talking of spell checkers you can get one that will check anything you write anywhere. I have just checked this simply by pressing the F11 key and its really impressive. PM me for details if you want to know more.

Windy Militant
19th May 2003, 16:23
Hello Dan,
Have you heard about the Aviation degrees at Leeds University. Apparently bursaries are available towards PPL as part of the course.

Aviation Degrees at Leeds (http://www.Leeds.ac.uk/speme/aviation)