PDA

View Full Version : Part 135 XC Time

hdaae
10th May 2003, 23:54
(c) Except as provided in paragraph (a) of this section, no certificate holder may use a person, nor may any person serve, as pilot in command of an aircraft under IFR unless that person--
(1) Holds at least a commercial pilot certificate with appropriate category and class ratings and, if required, an appropriate type rating for that aircraft; and
(2) Has had at least 1,200 hours of flight time as a pilot, including 500 hours of cross country flight time, 100 hours of night flight time, and 75 hours of actual or simulated instrument time at least 50 hours of which were in actual flight; and

Okies...500 hours cross country time.. Towards a rating the XC flights have to be 50NM between departure and destination, but when I already have my Commecial lisense, will ANY flight time that are conducted between a departurepoint and a different destination be regarded as XC time even thou its not 50NM?
If any one could VERY clearly dissect this for me I would be a very greatful person.

Onan the Clumsy
11th May 2003, 00:42
That is how I am logging it. Take off at A, land at B, it's XC time for Part 135 requirements

I'm right under 1200 and flying Part 135, so it makes all the difference. Good luck.

You can always verify with AOPA.

hdaae
11th May 2003, 01:43
Thanks for the reply! Ive been away from my FAR AIM for 7 months now so I werent sure. I were 99% sure about it, but since a job flying 401 in the Caribien has been suggested for me under part 135 I wanted to make sure.
I have 1360 total time, and if its airport to airport only Im sure I got 800+ XC time!

I better go shopping for sunlotion then :ok: