PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man Fly In

Capt. Horrendous
9th May 2003, 03:15
As part of the Manx Festival of Aviation, we are having a Fly In at Jurby Aerodrome, Isle of Man, on July 4th,5th and 6th with an arrival competition for those who are interested on the 4th. There are no landing fees and AVGAS will be availiable. There is an airshow on the Saturday and Sunday - charges for this are modest at £10.00 per head per day. Visiting crews can either camp by their aircraft OSHKOSH style ( basic facilities at the airfield - toilet and shower block - pub 300 yards away!!) or stay in one of the numerous B&B/Hotel accomodations on the island.

General details are availiable on the events webpage - www.mfa.org.im. More specific info and PPR forms can be obatined from [email protected]

QNH 1013
9th May 2003, 04:43
Have you made arrangements with Special Branch to allow us to fly in to Jurby? Its not really practical to have to pay all the landing and handling fees at Ronaldsway just to clear special branch.

Capt. Horrendous
9th May 2003, 21:29
Yes we have.

Here is a precis of the info that we will be sending out with the PPR forms.

All pilots need to be aware that they must report to Special Branch on arrival at Jurby. The airfield will only be available for arrivals between 1400 and 2000 on Friday 4th, irrespective of the fly in competition, and between 0900 and 1000,on the Saturday and Sunday. On the Saturday and Sunday, departures can only be made before 10am, during a fifteen minute 'window' at approximately 1515 or after the airshow has finished.

A number of military aircraft will be flying practice displays on the Friday afternoon, so all arriving pilots must contact Jurby Radio for traffic info.

All persons will need to wear hi vis vests when airside.

Pilots and pax can camp by their aircraft. Any pilots camping at Jurby must notify me of that intent prior to arrival and must agree to follow some basic campsite rules.

The event is strictly PPR, and emergencies excepted, no aircraft other than those notified to me will be permitted to land. The following info will be required when completing the ppr forms:

The following info will be requested on the PPR forms which I can send out if requested.
Aircraft Reg and Type
Names and D.O.Bs of the pilot(s) and all passengers
Contact Details (telephone essential and e-mail preferably)
Airport of Departure
Estimated Time of Arrival

Submission of a PPR form does not guarantee permission to attend being given - space is limited. Notification will be given of acceptance.

AVGAS will be available. The price will be the same as that at Ronaldsway Airport, plus a 10 pence per litre surcharge which is being levied by the organisers to cover the cost of providing the refueling facility and staff.

Incidentally, Ronaldsway waived all fees for aircraft passing through on the way to Jurby last year, we are anticipating the same this year.

QNH 1013
10th May 2003, 01:00
Great, sounds like you've put in a lot of effort organising. I'll do my best to attend. Mrs QNH and I love the I.O.M.

Capt. Horrendous
20th May 2003, 07:10
The Chief Medical Officer for the event is also an AME. Medicals ( providing no ECG required) can be renewed for visiting pilots. The DOC advises me that he will do medicals for 25% off standard CAA fees.

www.mfa.org.im (http://www.mfa.org.im) for more info on the event.