PDA

View Full Version : Sim hours on a CV

Fan Marker
29th Apr 2003, 17:44
What is considered to be the correct way of showing sim time on your CV?
Should it be shown separately to actual flying hours or does it count as flying hours?
I would be interested to hear.

sledgedog
29th Apr 2003, 19:21
I would say it should be shown separately. It doesn't count as real flying hours.

Tinstaafl
29th Apr 2003, 20:30
What do you mean by 'sim'?

Allowing for FAA/JAR/Oz vernacular you might be referring to:

1. an approved ground training device/synthetic trainer class eg ATC-710, Frasca 141/242 class, some of the purpose designed PC trainers

2. a flight simulator eg level C or D eg the sort of thing that allows zero flight time or near-zero flight time type ratings

3. something else that doesn't count at all eg MS Flight sim., RANT etc

I don't include any of it in my CV. If a company wants to know then they'll ask is my belief. If asked then only devices that creditable towards the issue of a licence or rating get included, and as a separate item to my real I.F./flight time.

Fan Marker
29th Apr 2003, 22:13
Well Tinstaafl,
I'm referring to Frasca 142/242 hours and Level D sim hours from my type rating. I must admit I assumed it all counted towards total hours.
Indeed, I think some can be allowed towards issue of ATPL. Must check!

compressor stall
29th Apr 2003, 23:02
I remember the laughs of derision when a CV for a prospective senior pilot (for a GA company) came across the company's desk. In amongst the pilot's 4000 odd just - piston hours was "747 observation time". :eek:

Turns out he's been on the 747 flight deck for a couple of hours whilst paxing en route to a european holiday.

witchdoctor
30th Apr 2003, 16:13
Give the guy credit for originality - that kind of imaginative response could come in handy when filing tax returns for captain's position on said 747.;)