PDA

View Full Version : Flying into a timewarp

Flyin'Dutch'
18th Apr 2003, 06:11
Due to work committments I was unable to enjoy the good flying weather as early as I had hoped today.

It was so busy over the last few days that it was clear that an early departure and joining some mates for lunch at White Whaltham was out of the question.

My mate suggested to go to Old Warden instead. I like the place a lot and quite often drive over to have a nose around in the museum.

We were going to meet VintageATCO so something to look forward to. A slot was duly organised and after some ground traffic delays on the M40 for mateyboy we set off.

Old Warden was buzzing like a beehive in spring. Lysander; Chippy; Maggie all airborne doing practice displays and Tigers and the Hurricane were getting airborne when we arrived.

We had arrived at the end of their training week and it was as though we had flown 70 odd years back in time. Loads of atmosphere and beautiful aircraft.

Very humbling to arrive between all those fantastic machines all flown by very experienced folk.

Truly impressive, great way to spend a beautiful spring day in April.

FD

Vere de fakawee
19th Apr 2003, 01:28
FD,

I called into Old Warden on Wednesday. As you say, lots of interesting aircraft, and there was even an airship flying overhead.