PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Juliette Kilo

Charley B
8th Apr 2003, 16:50
Can anyone tell me which airline this is please ---is it a cargo airline?Pilots sound a bit likeikDasair---have heard them quite a few times lately!!
Thanks CB

5milesbaby
8th Apr 2003, 18:58
AJK is indeed a cargo airline that occasionally flies a DC10 out of LGW to mid-Africa. Don't know which airline it is, but will endevour to find out soon. Once or twice recently they have checked in using callsign 'JAMBO' , but I remember this used to be for a 747-SP that did Africa to LHR regularly.

Charley B
9th Apr 2003, 02:01
5mb,
Thanks a lot for the reply --it was a large plane that went overhead the other night-- we couldnt see what it was as it was dark but it made enough noiseas it was so low ,we even heard it over the football on the TV!!!

Spitoon
9th Apr 2003, 02:59
AJK = Allied Air Limited c/s BAMBI notified by Nigeria

Don't know what they operate though - sorry.

5milesbaby
9th Apr 2003, 06:06
Spitoon, Your right on the callsign, it can get confused over our 'excellent'[sic] RTF system, and now you say Bambi, it sounds spot on.

A/C are all DC10's operating into and out of Nigeria, and if you are awake around 4am tonight (morning of 9th) you will see the next one go out from LGW, if not, sure he'll wake you anyway :*

Spitoon
9th Apr 2003, 14:10
5mb - thanks for the additional info but I'm not all that keen on watching planes unless I'm on watch!!! I just happened to have the ICAO book to hand.

Muppit
11th Apr 2003, 04:46
Yup,

AJK is the DAS Air -10.

:D