PDA

View Full Version : When will the PPRuNe clock go forward?

Monocock
2nd Apr 2003, 14:58
Is the PPRuNe clock supposed to be showing Zulu time or has someone forgotten to put it forward?

BRL
2nd Apr 2003, 15:25
Hi Mono. The pprune clock-meister is off this week so it has not gone forward.
Instead go to your User control panel then look for Edit options then simply select CET time from the pull down on the clock menu. :) Hey presto, right time.....(I think) :D

Unwell_Raptor
2nd Apr 2003, 15:38
I thought it always stayed on UTC?

AerBabe
2nd Apr 2003, 16:15
It stays on whatever time you set in your control panel.... ;)

Unwell_Raptor
2nd Apr 2003, 16:27
Not on my PC it doesn't (Windows XP, summer time set itself last weekend) PPRuNe still on GMT.

AerBabe
2nd Apr 2003, 16:42
Nooo... not 'Control Panel' but 'User Control Panel'. Scan up the page to where it says PPRuNe Forums - just below is a small menu. Click on 'user cp' then 'edit options' and at the bottom of your options list is the time setting. Select 'CET' (Central European Time) and you'll be sorted. :)

Kermit 180
2nd Apr 2003, 17:36
Why put it forward? Keeping UTC time makes it so much easier for the rest of the worldwide Pruners.

Kerms

BlueRobin
2nd Apr 2003, 20:12
"At the third stroke, the time, sponsored by PPruNe, will be..."

Beep

beep

beep

rustle
2nd Apr 2003, 20:14
Similar thread in JetBlast...

BTW, it is GMT and always will be :D

rupetime
2nd Apr 2003, 20:22
Am I missing the point....next to the clock it says "all times are GMT" so it wont change, GMT never does and if PPRune changed the time they couldnt keep the "all times are GMT" slogan

rt

AerBabe
2nd Apr 2003, 20:25
Next to my clock it says "all times are GMT +1 hour", because I've changed my settings...

Hilico
3rd Apr 2003, 02:18
I'm just glad to see PPRuNe has caught up with me. I bought my Seiko in 1978 and it's been on GMT ever since. Since last weekend, I automatically make the adjustment when I look at it.

Gets demned confusing when I go to an Ops room with a Zulu clock in it though.

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Apr 2003, 16:26
Do you commit aviation in anything but Zulu, I never have?

G

rustle
3rd Apr 2003, 16:30
GtE, do you log Z or local (in your logbook)?

My logbook is the only place I use local...

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Apr 2003, 21:05
The relevant columns of my logbook (an oldish Airtour commercial logbook) are headed

Departure G.M.T (UTC)
Arrival G.M.T (UTC)

A Pooleys PPL logbook I take around with me before copying up later has columns headed...

t/o (GMT)
land (GMT)

And although I don't have it to hand, I'm pretty sure my old RAF issue logbooks from my mis-spent (comparative) youth say something similar also.

So I have always used Zulu. The only thing I ever complete in local time is airfield sheets which are often in local.

What I've never been quite sure of when significant distances from the UK, is whether the DATE is local or as at Greenwich?

G

rustle
3rd Apr 2003, 21:30
What I've never been quite sure of when significant distances from the UK, is whether the DATE is local or as at Greenwich?

Always Greenwich date if that's the time you're logging.

Example:

Flight, in Sydney, in January. (Aust EST = GMT + 11)

T/o @ 0600L on January 1st.

Logged as

T/o 1900Z on December 31st.

If you logged that as 1900Z January 1st, it hadn't happened yet ;)