PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Hawk XP

logie_bear
31st Mar 2003, 13:25
Hi All,

Has anyone here flown the Hawk XP?

Looking for tips and tricks from anyone who's been around the blocks a few times in them.

General handling, performance - that sort of thing. Have seen some old Cessna specs on the web but interested in actual day-to-day ops data.

Apart from the extra horses and wobbly prop, is the XP much different to the standard C172?

Thanks for any help,
l_b

Keef
31st Mar 2003, 20:12
Used to fly the one at Caernarfon. Not much different from the regular 172. But I'd got a lot of time on 172RG and 177RG.

A couple of circuits and you'd probably have it well sorted.

Negative 'G'
1st Apr 2003, 01:30
Ah would that be the infamous Fox Zulu ? ;)

Neg G:D

muffin
1st Apr 2003, 01:59
Nice aircraft. I used to own a C172, and in recent years have done quite a few hours in an XP. The VP prop and fuel injection makes a tremendous difference IMHO.

Keef
1st Apr 2003, 07:00
Neg G - yes, the same.

I last flew it one glorious Sunday afternoon with the then CFI (Cap'n Blyth as I recall) to do some sightseeing around Snowdon - he asked if I minded if he came along. He sat there, humming to himself, happy as Larry. Super bloke.

Sir George Cayley
2nd Apr 2003, 03:48
I remember with much fondness the hours I did in our clubs XP

I like the 172 anyway so to fly one with real get up an go was a pleasure. They dont go that much quicker in the cruise but one up into a stiff breeze and wooooosh up we go!

The only word of caution I would offer is that there was an problem with a duff batch of accessory drive gear wheels. Ours ended up in a field following a complete engine failure.

Make sure the mod was done

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyone door