PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Wee Aerobatic Beastie...

Dusty_B
30th Mar 2003, 02:13
I've been trawling the web for classifieds, but with little luck :( Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm looking for a Tipsey Nipper type of thing; a small, aerobatic beasty that I can jump into after work and have a little play...

If there are any groups with a free space at Oxford, Enstone, Hinton, Shennington...? Seen any adverts recently? Know someone who might be able to accommodate?

Not ruling out buying outright either... members of my current group might be interested in a second (or third) aircraft :)

Thank you folks...

LowNSlow
30th Mar 2003, 20:16
Dusty_b have a look at the classifieds on www.pfa.org. There are a few Rans S-10's there and an EAA biplane I seem to recall. Under 10k for a nice little summer afternoon toy.

max roll rate
31st Mar 2003, 02:29
There is a share going in the T67-C3 at turweston
call Mark Golding 01296 714600

Kingy
31st Mar 2003, 07:04
I noticed that there was an Isaac's Fury for sale in Pilot (I think) - absolutely beautiful handling, great looks and good for 'Sunday afternoon' aeros too - recommended!

But I'm biased... I'm an owner! :D

Kingy

LowNSlow
31st Mar 2003, 10:49
Kingy have you got an airforce hidden down there in the Forest of Dean? :D :D :D

There's an Isaac's Spitfire in the March Pilot but I don't know if that's areobatic.

Kingy
31st Mar 2003, 14:56
L'n'S

Yeah, yeah I know - It's got a little out of hand... Our three man group currently has 4 aircraft, I've got half the Fury and .. er.. a Flaglor Sky Scooter too!! :O

As for the Isaacs Spitfire - I would LOVE that aircraft. G-BBJI is the original built by John Isaacs and is the only one ever completed. Its fully aerobatic and, like the Fury, is stressed to +12G ultimate. Funny you should mention it, but I was havng a debate only yesterday as to wheather we could operate it out of EastB ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention that my Fury is G-ASCM.. The original Fury, hence my hankering for the 'pair'!

£15K is too much though, way to much... I wonder if he wants to trade :=

Kingy

stiknruda
31st Mar 2003, 15:37
I have flown the EAA bipe that is advertised in the PFA mag. It is a delight to fly and is very well finished. Worth considering as it will go for 4 figures.

Stik

Rod1
31st Mar 2003, 21:37
There is a lot of Tipsey Nipper stuff for sale in Belgium at the moment. If you contact the Nipper Club they will probably help you. It is a lovely aircraft; I hope to get one again, one day.

Rod

LowNSlow
27th Apr 2003, 14:31
Stik do you know if the EAA biplane is still for sale?

stiknruda
27th Apr 2003, 19:39
The very nice EAA bipe (quick log book check shows it to be G-BPUA) was sold about 2 weeks ago.

I believe that the new owner has had a real bargain as the aircraft was sold for about 2/3rds of its real value!

Stik

LowNSlow
27th Apr 2003, 20:11
Stik G-BPUA wasn't the one I was thinking of. The one in the PFA mag was G-PFAA I think. I'll dig the chap's number out and give him a call.

How aerobatic is the EAA Bipe with an O-200 in it? Is it fair to assume that is not nearly as capable as a Pitts S-1 but a load more fun than a Cessna Aerobat.

Can you check ypur pm's as I'd like a chat about the value of these aeroplanes.

stiknruda
28th Apr 2003, 00:06
LnS

wilco!

Stik