PDA

View Full Version : UK - All yer maps & charts are wrong

stillin1
20th Mar 2003, 08:13
Now that I may have got your attention!
A reminder you all you fellow flyers in the UK that the major airspace changes have happened. New Managed Danger Areas, Airways moved / new hts, airways widened and zones increased in size. Eek! - really do need to get the up-to-date details guys. Fly safe, looks like a good wx weekend
Yippee!

Evo
20th Mar 2003, 08:17
Is there a list of changes anywhere?

(edit: Yes - Southern England (http://www.caa.co.uk/dap/dapcharts/amendmentlist.asp?chart=11))

BTW, looks like only us Suvverners have old charts :)

FNG
20th Mar 2003, 08:38
The megachanges include the startling (although rather cheering) news that Elstree is sinking at the rate of two feet a year, which is quicker than Venice. Is this because:-

(1) the sky has got higher?

(2) I landed there too heavily in a 90 ton SEP (aka a Bulldog)?

(3) the ice cap has melted and we shall all drown?

Private flying 2050 AD: "Elstree Seaplane Base, this is N-xxxx"*

Elstree FISO "*** off, you ******"
(some things don't change)

* No G registrations by then for obvious reasons (No F, D, EI etc either)

Evo
20th Mar 2003, 09:09
:D

Good, innit. Got to pay £14 for that lot. And who renamed the hold on AWY A25 from KEVIN to KEGUN :rolleyes: :)

Ludwig
20th Mar 2003, 09:29
Yes but as Elstree sinks so Haverfordwest rises - is this a Welsh conspiracy to steal England by stealth? We should be told.

2Donkeys
20th Mar 2003, 09:32
So I guess that it might be overkill to describe these changes as "major" for the VFR pilot in the South :D

By contrast, you should see the changes they've made to the world of IFR flying. :}

PhilD
20th Mar 2003, 09:50
I see from the CAA site that the new (Ed 29) 1:500 chart for Southern England is out today. Is it in the shops?

tmmorris
20th Mar 2003, 09:56
The KEVIN/KEGUN thing gives me hope; I was distressed to see that KOMIK, BEENO and DANDI have been abolished.

Tim

AerBabe
20th Mar 2003, 19:04
Yes... I heard about this from an ATCO at Shawbury today. Amazing what you don't hear! :D

The above was an excuse to say:
FNG - Blydi funny post. ;)

essouira
20th Mar 2003, 21:00
It won't be the same flying into bourn and not listening to all the calls for popham .........................

2Donkeys
20th Mar 2003, 21:12
It won't be the same flying into bourn and not listening to all the calls for popham

... and being growled at by the part time idiot radio-man who fancies himself as Bourn Approach/Tower/Ground/Clearance Delivery.

Great place to visit though. The friendliest welcome in the flatlands. Long may they survive.

matspart3
20th Mar 2003, 22:07
One to watch for anyone flying in the Southwest, Bristol and Gloucester swapped Approach frequencies today

Gloster is now 128.55MHz

Bristol is now 125.65MHz

FNG
21st Mar 2003, 07:21
Thank you, Aerbabe, for those kind words

Stan Evil
22nd Mar 2003, 14:06
A word of warning. The list of changes posted by EVO are the changes that have been made to Edn 29 after publication. The changes between Edn 28 and 29 are much more in number.

Evo
22nd Mar 2003, 16:31
A word of warning. The list of changes posted by EVO are the changes that have been made to Edn 29 after publication. The changes between Edn 28 and 29 are much more in number.

Ah, then I will ask my question again - is there a list anywhere? :)

stillin1
23rd Mar 2003, 14:22
Evo, IATYQ:
I have found no comprehensive list. Doubt it would be any use anyway as the changes are so major that starting afresh with new and therefore, up to date charts / maps is the only safe way to go. It is a whole new sky up there.