PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere I can sit FAA written exams in the UK??

BritishGuy
6th Mar 2003, 17:47
Hi, I was wondering if I can sit the FAA CFI written exams here in the UK? I know it can be done, but I have no idea where, when or how......Can someone please be kind enough to 'fill me in'. Thanks.

gdnhalley
6th Mar 2003, 21:21
BG
Soloflight at Humberside do FAA exams they are at www.soloflight.co.uk The studying is much easier than JAA exams you just get a book or CDrom of all the questions and learn them until you can pass the test.
good luck
gordon

Julian
7th Mar 2003, 13:14
Try Tom Hughstone at American Flight Training, they are based at Norwich Airport. I have used Tom a few times and he is very good.

They are licenced for both flight training and the lasergrade exams so if you wanted you could do your full FAA course with him. I use him for the writtens and go to the US for the flying as only have to concentrate on the flying then.

P.S. Toms number is 01603 301902

Wireless
7th Mar 2003, 23:16
I am currently studying the FAA PPL and CPL written books (asa). It states in the front of the books that you must have received a sign off from an instructor to say that you have studied to a required level or there abouts. How does Tom deal with this as I have been studying alone without any assistnance?

Bill

jason007
8th Mar 2003, 09:08
I can give you a signoff if you can provide evidence of home study and pass a mock test. Tom or glen can then provide you with the test facility. I’m based in London if it helps. You can give me a call if you wish on 07984-432 847