PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

Tee White Nun
24th Feb 2003, 16:58
Just a few questions from a ryanair interestee!!
Having read the thread on "Ryanair pilots are you happy?"
Its great to hear so many happy comments from the horses mouths, so to speak!

Any help wud be greatly appreciated!

First has anyone got any ideas how ryanair came up with the figure of stg£70,620 as the potential earnings of a SFO with 3 years service, takin from their website?

Having refered to www.ppjn.com (which seems to have pretty accurate information as it has my airlines salary right down to the exact pound), the most I can see an SFO earning after 3 years service is at the most £43,000! Same idea with the captains figures! Don`t get me wrong, thats more than im earning now with 4 years service with present company, just wondered if I need a new calculator!! Or maybe the ryanair website designer does!!

I am right in saying that stg£ means the UK pound sterling?!

Am I missing something?

I was also wondering if the stg£50 to apply on-line is only paid if an interview is offered? Or is it paid for the privilege of ryanair to kindly have a sniff and say thanx but f/o! (not first officer!)

Is it still a requirement to have 300hrs on type to qualify as being type-rated, as I have just under 200hrs on type but 2500hrs TT, wondered where I wud stand if I applied? Not on type anymore so thats all I can offer ryanair!

Have more questions but will see how this does first!

Cheers
Tee

TheDream
24th Feb 2003, 17:07
As I understand it the flight pay quoted on ppjn is after tax. So you are looking at around £30K+ before tax, if its 40%.

Hope that's a bit of help.

Tee White Nun
24th Feb 2003, 17:33
Thanx for your reply the dream,

That would make more sense but even then thats neary £20,000 less than stated on their website! Even if the basic stated on `ppjn` was after tax then all combined incuding tax at 40% (and that bracket is unlikely considering the basic is 23K) is still about £10,000 less than ryanair say!! :confused:

Does this figure seem a tad on the optimistic side (maybe to woo in unsuspecting fresh off the press guys, `hey wots £17k for a 737 type rating, sure i`ll be on over 70k in 3 years, over 100k when i get 2 more bars a side`?) or is there sum other pay or bonus or something that hasn`t been mentioned on `ppjn`?

Made me very keen to pursue the nice Irish neighbours offer but was dissapointed when I read more on `ppjn`!

Maybe I`m completley mistaken?