PDA

View Full Version : Instructor positions

Alltheway
14th Feb 2003, 15:15
I'm commencing my PPL in Florida very soon and was wondering if anyone knows where to start looking for Instructor vacancies to build my hours.

Any information greatly appreciated.

nashpoint
14th Feb 2003, 15:44
you may find that once qualified , your local club would be able to offer you a position to build hours.

i know for sure that the flying club at Cardiff Wales would be interested in locally based instructors both full and part time.

pjdj777
14th Feb 2003, 16:05
Hope I'm not sounding out of line here, but isn't it abit early to start looking for instructor positions?

You'll need a CPL before you can take your instructor rating, and there are other hours qualifications to get through.

All the best hope it goes well, but if I were you I'd start thinking about those writtens and building up hours before looking at the instructor market, things may well have changed by then.

deTrix75
16th Feb 2003, 00:36
You only have to have a written CPL to be able to attend a instructors course.

deTrix

Bluebaron
16th Feb 2003, 09:17
Better off using the instructor forum.

BB ;)

one shoe
16th Feb 2003, 09:34
You should be thinking of instructing to improve your own flying.

If you want to build hours do it with your own money and not a poor student!!!!

jsf
21st Feb 2003, 07:08
Well said one shoe, I couldn't agree more.

cmvidini, while you are doing your ppl and then the hours you need to progres to CPL and FI rating you will no doubt want value for money from your flying training organisation.

Do you really want to be taugt by someone who is only there to increase the total time in his/her logbook? I suspect the answer is NO! If you need hours but are not committed to instructing 100% then do the rest of us a favour and build your hours in another way.

jsf

Leclairage
21st Feb 2003, 10:31
As a 160 hour P1 PPL I need more experience before converting to instruction, but as a middle aged guy I would like to share the pleasure I have gained from flying since starting 20 months ago. Also to balance up the glut of young chaps who are 'marking time' as instructors before going onto better things, who seem to regard 2 years as an instructor as a necessary evil, rather than as a vocation to instruct.
But with Cxbair apparently currently seeking voluntary redundancies, will there be any jobs anyway?

scubabri
24th Feb 2003, 20:14
Get real, first the economy crashes and all of the laid off pilots are back filling jobs that are normally taken by low time pilots, then, we have the pay for training which is said hurt the whole market, now you want to take the only thing that people have to build hours left, flight instructing and tell people that they can't do that if they are only there to build hours??!! I say to that, get real.

Flight instructing is the traditional way for people to build hours, and I will honestly say, when I become an instructor, I will be there to build hours and collect what little paycheck I can. I will though be the best instructor as I possibly can.

It is up to each student to determine if the instructor is not committed to the best instruction that they can give, and if it's felt that he/she is not, to find another instructor.

Until I can buy a house, provide for a family and save money to retire on, flight instruction will be an hour builder and only that. (Unless it's what you enjoy doing, then more power to you)

So, if you think that this person with the original post should build time elsewhere, then make some constructive suggestions instead of just talking outta your butt.

Brian