PDA

View Full Version : Fast Single

luckykathryn
11th Feb 2003, 16:07
I'm struggeling to find a fast single in the S.East England (on a G Reg) ie. C210 / TB 21....It seems that none of the flying schools have anything like this.

Does anyone know of any privately owned aircraft that may fit into this category that I could hire?

Thanks

FNG
11th Feb 2003, 16:35
Such machines are a deep and lasting mystery to me and likely to remain so, but I believe that there may be some such kit for rent at Fowlmere (the very well kept grass strip next to Duxford). I vaguely recall that when a similar question was last asked here some people mentioned some options at Elstree also (the rubble and potholes strip next to, ugh, Watford)

Stan Evil
11th Feb 2003, 16:48
Use the CAA's Registration Database to search for such aircraft and their owners. Try the ones registered as Transport (Passenger) rather than in the Private cat.

http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_register/ginfo/default.asp

Lowtimer
11th Feb 2003, 17:07
You can hire the Saratoga SP (I think it is - I'm a bit hazy on Pipers once you get beyond the Arrow) at Fowlmere - it's like a T-tail retractable Cherokee Six, anyway. They also have Malibus there but I'm not sure if they're available for hire. All their fleet is spotless and beautiful, I have no hesitation hiring from them, and always get well looked after.

Aussie Andy
11th Feb 2003, 18:01
G-ODAK is a 130kt cruise Piper Dakota available from British Airways Flying Club, see http://www.bafc.co.uk

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Feb 2003, 18:22
Hi

TB 20's for hire from Enstone and Turweston (I know not SE England) and the Saratoga is actually a low tail Cherokee 6 derivative with rectractable UC.

The fleet at Fowlmere is impeccable as the lawnlike field.

Mind you not cheap but you pays your money etc........

FD

The Fowlmere outfit (?Modern Air) is not on the web but if you need the telephone no I will happily find it for you)

poetpilot
12th Feb 2003, 07:32
http://www.g-bnyb.com/

Piper Dakota based Goodwood available for hire. Wobbly prop, turbo. Not sure what the rates are.

Flyin'Dutch'
12th Feb 2003, 07:47
£130 per flying hour.

FD

Genghis the Engineer
12th Feb 2003, 09:13
I've hired a PA28-235c (G-AWSM) from Premi-Air at Shoreham, which cruises at a comfortable 140kn at 75% power, not sure what their current charge rate is.

G

Trislander
12th Feb 2003, 11:50
Hi,

Solent School of Flying at Bournemouth have a Socata TB10 'Tobago' for self-fly hire. Not sure about speed though.

Doghouse
12th Feb 2003, 13:05
You'll have to check with them but I'm fairly sure that Old sarum are selling a FR172 Reims Rocket, if you're thinking of buying rather than renting. My memory is a little dim, but I seem to recall that aircraft doing about 130-140kts if that isn't too slow for you. Anyway, I've flown one a few times and was very impressed. They're cheap to buy and cheap to maintain as the gear is fixed.

18greens
12th Feb 2003, 13:21
Theres a bonanza at Biggin. 160kts fast enough?

Fred
14th Feb 2003, 12:09
There's also an Arrow III turbo available at White Waltham, 140 kias (about 160 kts TAS @ FL100 @ zero OAT).