PDA

View Full Version : What about a PPrune 5 a-side tournament?

SuperOwl
24th Jan 2003, 22:11
How about a PPrune 5 a side tournament?

Lets say an airfield or fans of a particular Football League squad or even an airline can enter a team apiece. If there are players who wish to take part but cannot get an airfield or airline team together then they can all enter a pool and teams are then made up from those players. Perhaps if it is over subscribed it could go to 7 aside?

I know this is probably a non starter but if it took place say over a weekend at an airfield that was able to mark out a pitch and would let us camp there it could be a laugh (surely some PPruners are commitee members at airfields). The emphasis being on getting drunk, having a laugh, playing footy and talking about flying. In that order too.

I think that if a nominal fee was charged, we could use that so the airfield hosted a presentation buffet at the end.

BRL
24th Jan 2003, 22:17
Not a bad idea. There was a mention of a pprune football tourney ages ago down in crawley but i don't think there was much interest. I will send/copy this off to JetBlast so they can look at it there and see what comes up. :)

High Wing Drifter
24th Jan 2003, 23:27
Great idea. The worst thing about the internet is not having a face to put to a nickname.

Add me to the pool :)

Speedbird252
25th Jan 2003, 23:19
Top drawer SuperOwl.

What a great weekend we could have....a five-a-side tournament between PPRuNe`rs, bbq`s, plenty of beer and lots of real life forum chat.....

Id love to see who is interested and what teams we could make up!

BRL, lets have a footy fly in, with or without the hardware!

Regards all,

Speedy

:cool: :) :cool:

Sensible
25th Jan 2003, 23:57
Wot's this then? a sort of polo match only using spam cans instead of horses? :D

SuperOwl
26th Jan 2003, 16:26
Speedbird, combining it with a fly-in is a great idea. I like the idea of having a barbecue as well. If we leave the tournament until say the later half of the year that would give people plenty of time to sort teams out etc.

If this tournament goes ahead and I get p1ssed enough I'll go in goal and demonstrate how the "Scorpion save" is done. I think it is just a well-timed breakdancing move as shown by Johnny Vegas on last weeks "Shooting Stars".

We could have a totally irresponsible rule whereby if a player does not have a can containing beer in at least one hand then he/she has to leave the pitch to get one. They start the match with a full can and it has to have been drunk by the end. Goalkeepers may put down their beer if a shot on their net is imminent. If the play is at the other end they have to pick their can up and drink some so that it is finished by the end. If a player finishes his can well before full time he is exempt from having to carry any more.

Stupid idea.