PDA

View Full Version : Mid-point RVRs

False Capture
17th Jan 2003, 01:55
Can anyone confirm the minimum mid-point RVR required for a manual Cat 1 ILS under JAR-OPS?

On a Cat 3 autoland with automatic roll-out guidance the minimum mid-point RVR is 75meters. I thought it was 150meters for a manual Cat 1 ILS but I cant find a reference anywhere.:confused:

almost professional
17th Jan 2003, 13:33
do you need a mid point at all for a CAT1?, touch down would normally be 550m-IRVR not required for CAT1, many places will still be using human observer and therefore not able to give a midpoint

renard
17th Jan 2003, 14:39
If we do a CAT1 approach under JAR-OPS, there is no mid point RVR requirement, only a threshold.

If threshold RVR was unavailable, we can use the mid point RVR .

I don't fly a CAT3 aircraft so can't help on that part.

mcdhu
19th Jan 2003, 11:56
False Capture,

Our Ops Manual (UK Charter) says that the Mid Pt RVR should be greater than 75m for all LVOs for the purpose of taxying off the R/w.
If the TDZ RVR machine goes u/s, it may be replaced temporarliy with the Mid Pt.
If the Mid Pt and/or Stop End go u/s, there is no effect on LVOs.

Bottom line: Mid Pt and Stop End - bit of a luxury really!!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
mcdhu

notac
19th Jan 2003, 12:54
Our companies ops manual (UK JAR-OPS) states the mid point RVR for both a CAT I & CAT II approach must be equal to or greater than the take off RVR requirement for that runway (usally 125m).

Although I can find no reference to mid point RVR for CAT I approaches in Jar-ops?

Spitoon
19th Jan 2003, 15:02
In the UK, a runway with an ILS that is approved for Cat I (but not Cat II/III) will normally have a touchdown RVR only.