PDA

View Full Version : 635vgs Samlesbury

G-MANN
16th Jan 2003, 16:34
Does anyone know anyone who helps/flys etc at 635volunteer gliding school (Samlesbury.) Nr Preston,UK (EGNG)

Would like to contact anyone who would possibly be able to help me out.

Thanks
G

Circuit Basher
17th Jan 2003, 07:40
If you need contact details for the OC, I can soon find out. I'm on the staff at 661 VGS, Kirknewton and we have a directory of schools.

Just checked the HQ Air Cadet Web site, which used to have contact details for all VGS, but that doesn't have them any more.

What's the nature of your interest? (just ought to be careful in case your name's Ma**hew Ke**y ;) ;) )!!

G-MANN
17th Jan 2003, 12:47
I will ignore your comments about MK however my nature of interest is this.

I wish to rejoin the school somehow but I'm not sure whether I could be accepted because I'm now classed as a civvie. I don't know if i'd be covered for insurance etc.

I did my AGT on the vigilant in summer 1997 and would like to instruct during the weekends now that my work permits.

I emailed the school directly but have had no reply!!!!!

any help appreciated.

G

Circuit Basher
20th Jan 2003, 13:54
G-MANN - I hang my head in shame and confess that I forgot to look this up over the weekend. I got sidetracked on about 4 different things at once (at one point, I had 3 computers in pieces, rebuilding the hard drives, in 2 separate rooms whilst trying to investigate a RAM Overflow problem on a laser printer in yet another room!).

Best I can offer before next weekend is that HQ Cumbria North Lancs Wg should have the info for you and their Tel No is 01772 260752.

Mea Culpa - sorry!:p

G-MANN
22nd Jan 2003, 04:46
Thanks for that CB. I won't need to ring North Lancs wing now cos the school have now been in touch with me after I sent a letter.

They said the would look into my proposal of helping out at the school at the wekends.

Thanks anyway

G