PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Seminar

juswonnafly
16th Jan 2003, 09:02
I wish to attend a seminar as soon as possible. Does anyone know of any (anywhere) in the near future?

Many thanks

JWF

GT
16th Jan 2003, 09:48
Give www.aopa.co.uk a go.

Regards, GT.

juswonnafly
17th Jan 2003, 09:09
Thanks GT, but does anyone know of any seminar dates before April?

Cheers

JWF

expedite_climb
17th Jan 2003, 09:57
Yup,

http://www.flightexaminers.com/venues.htm

http://www.ontrackaviation.com/InstructorSeminars.html

juswonnafly
17th Jan 2003, 14:29
expedite-climb.....

Just what I needed, thank you very much.

Cheers

JWF

jsf
20th Jan 2003, 21:18
Why do you want to go to a seminar. I understand them to be the "worst" revalidation method. You're currency for instructing is well over the required hours, why not just go and see Uncle Neil and do a flight test?

jsf

That's Grommit to you matey!!:)

juswonnafly
22nd Jan 2003, 16:26
Got back yesterday from the seminar.............very good.

I would have done the flight test but was running short of time, anyway what with the weather and uncles availability and all that...................;)

Actually I felt that I might learn a bit more at the seminar.

How's the IR stuff going then JSF? dunnit yet? (how many re-takes!!?:D :D :D )

Happy landings and plenty of Wensleydale :)

JWF

GoneWest
23rd Jan 2003, 02:47
Who's seminar was it?? What did it entail??

C'mon - details!! Teach us something.

jsf
23rd Jan 2003, 21:07
juswonnafly,

Glad you enjoyed the seminar. The only other instructor I know who went on one did so reluctantly after failing to renew in time by test so I guess his view was a little skewed!

IR is still going. I've been stouffed by Wx and a head cold. All sim done, six hours into flying but not been at the controls of the cougar since before xmas. Flew in back seat today, ears behaved so chomping at the bit to fly tomorrow. Hop[efully wrap it up by the end of January and get back to the instructing game ful time. I have done a bit weekends up to xmas but the same trouble with the Wx at our high altitude airfield up here in the cultural desert!!

If I get up t' dale soon I'll send thee some cheese Wal;)

Do fill us all in on the seminar, It'd be good to hear an enlightened view!

jsf

Moneyshot
28th Jan 2003, 22:13
Did a seminar a couple of years ago. Very informative, as you would expect for the price.
I found it very amusing that some of the contributors were recently retired CAA bods. 'I wonder whose idea it was to suggest having the seminar as a revalidation method!'