PDA

View Full Version : ATCO desperately needed in the North West

littleradar
14th Jan 2003, 15:43
I know of an ATCO job going in Lancashire, would anyone be interested?:confused:

squibbler
15th Jan 2003, 15:29
You couldn't afford me :D

Eric T Cartman
15th Jan 2003, 18:03
Mebbe - if you'd throw in a beach hut, a free annual season ticket on the trams & all the candy floss I can eat ! ;)

niknak
15th Jan 2003, 22:26
Check your private messages.

NCNG
16th Jan 2003, 09:39
Littleradar, usual question, how much are they paying ??

Barnaby the Bear
16th Jan 2003, 13:28
What do you need? Where do i get a kiss me quick hat? and how much money is paid?
:D

littleradar
17th Jan 2003, 14:48
Sorry I have been holidaying for a few days!

Erm I believe the rate is anything from £34-50 000, which would buy you a few kiss me quick hats, esp. this time of the year they sell them off cheap! It may not be enough for squibbler but are you worth paying for??
Niknak- I've checked my pirate message nothing new in ::(

halo
18th Jan 2003, 11:18
ahhhhhhhh sunny Lancashire. What I wouldn't give to get back to my homelands!!

Depend what kind of package is on offer tho

G-SPOTs Lost
18th Jan 2003, 19:31
To anybody considering applying......

Please ensure you are up to it.....if it is NH,

From a pilots point of view a busy summer Sunday here is absolute hell, If anybody's leaving it will be a shame as just recently (3yrs+) there's been a good team.

Having visited a few airports, I feel pretty qualified to say that NH must be one of the most difficult airports in the country to control in the summer.

A very challenging position indeed.....

19th Jan 2003, 07:43
If you are talking about Blackpool, there has always been an identity problem of whether they want to be a little airport or a big airport. My interest [ I come from Blackpool] stems from the time I used to pop down on my way to school to watch the Autair Ambassador doing engine runs prior to its departure to Luton. I must say that no matter how many thousands of light aircraft movements take place the revenue return is what matters. Besides ...after 5 years at EGGP I realised that light aircraft drivers are more switched on than anyone gives them credit for.....they do not need gross overcontrol. If you doubt the economic argument, check the respective revenue flow when Airbridge did the newspaper runs . GOOD LUCK!

FDMS
20th Jan 2003, 22:19
£50K !!!!!!!!!!!!!
God I took a while to stop laughing at that one.
If we are talking about Blackpool you can forget earning over £40K.
It used to be a great place to work.

rodan
21st Jan 2003, 01:46
If £50k is the figure, then perhaps the aerodrome in question is the other one quite near Northern Holidays, where you would need an additional rating to achieve that rate of pay.

Am I right? Is it Warton?

DICK DOLEMAN
22nd Jan 2003, 15:51
Warton will be advertising shortly.

littleradar
22nd Jan 2003, 17:13
Yep it sure is, anyone want more info let me know.

G-SPOTs Lost
22nd Jan 2003, 18:07
FDMS

Cryptic Question....... Are you Scottish?

FDMS
22nd Jan 2003, 19:19
Affirm.
Are you trying to work out who I am?
I worked at Blackpool for 8 years and thought it was a great place for about 7 and half of those. Still great people there, hello to all my old friends.

Red Dragon
23rd Jan 2003, 12:17
littleradar, check your email.

Cheers

;) ;)

Trick
23rd Jan 2003, 13:46
'Littleradar' . What is the pension scheme like?

Eric T Cartman
24th Jan 2003, 19:55
A cryptic answer for G-SPOT - @ PK they both are , but only one sounds like it ! *grins*