PDA

View Full Version : A320 without A/THR

DustDevil
27th Dec 2002, 16:10
Hello !
I'm currently working on a pc simulation of airbus thrust systems, and am a bit confused by throttle operation when A/THR is disengaged.
If crew decide not to use A/THR, trust levers act as in a conventionnal a/c. Therefore, i suppose (correct me if i'm wrong) :

if you select CLB gate, you will obtain max CLB thrust for the actual conditions, and the same for TOGA gate.

but if you select FLEX/MCT, wich thrust will you obtain ?? does the FLEX power remains the same during all the flight ? very strange.
:confused:

As a non-pilot, i probably missed important points about this.
Help would be great !

DD

Jet II
27th Dec 2002, 17:03
From the Airbus Operations Manual:

THRUST CONTROL
MANUAL MODE

The engines are in the manual mode provided the A/THR function is:
not armed, or
armed and not active (thrust lever not in the A/THR operating range and no alpha floor).
In these conditions, each engine is controlled by the position of its thrust lever. The pilot controls thrust by moving the thrust lever between IDLE and TOGA positions. Each position of the thrust lever within these limits corresponds to an EPR
When the thrust lever is in a detent, the corresponding EPR is equal to the EPR rating limit computed by the FADEC for that engine.

When the thrust lever is in the FLX/MCT detent:

- On the ground

The engine runs at the flex takeoff thrust rating if the crew has selected a flex takeoff temperature on the MCDU that is higher than the current Total Air Temperature (TAT). Otherwise the engine produces Maximum Continuous Thrust (MCT).
Note: A change in FLEX TEMP during the takeoff has no effect on the thrust.

- After takeoff

The pilot can change from FLX to MCT by moving the thrust lever to TOGA or CL, then back to MCT. After that, they cannot use the FLX rating.

Note: Setting the thrust lever out of FLX/MCT detent without reaching TOGA or CL detent has no effect

The pilot can always get MAX TO thrust by pushing the thrust levers all the way forward.

DustDevil
27th Dec 2002, 19:54
thank you, Jet II

just i was looking for !
:)

DD