PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for admin position...

ipanema
26th Dec 2002, 14:47
Experienced airline pilot looking for ground-based position.

Greatest interest is in administration, troubleshooting, research, creating and maintaining documentation, graphics, manuals.

- Over 25 years as a pilot in international charter and scheduled airlines
- Proven contributions in administration, technical writing, custom graphics, load sheet design and loading instructions
- Created one airline's Airfields Manual and some cockpit and training materials (all were practical and effective, most are still being used)
- Self-starter, trained in CRM, work well in a team environment
- Currently a working webmaster/web designer with skills in writing, promotion, graphics, all aspects of web work.
- Diploma in Programming & Systems Analysis

Very computer software & hardware literate.

- Expert level knowledge of English language (English/Canadian/American)
- Dedicated, honest, mature, responsible, team-player, can-do attitude
- Management training experience (in a different industry)
- Excellent references available.

If you represent or work for an aviation employer or organisation, and/or know of a vacancy where such a worthwhile contribution can be made, please send me an email at [email protected]

Suggested positions might be in Operations, Chief Pilot's Office, Training Department - or all three in a smaller airline where multiple skills are most appreciated.

Also interested in more driven positions such as start-ups, where creativity, loyalty, reliability and confidentiality are critical priorities.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck Ellsworth
26th Dec 2002, 15:20
Ipanema:

Have you thought of Transport Canada?

You are over qualified, but they need team players. :D :D

Cat Driver:

Tonic Please
26th Dec 2002, 20:43
I guess you know of www.canadianaviation.com ?

If not, sign up! Get anythinhg you want. I know they have a jobs section where you can advertise yourself and look for vacancies.

The reason I know this is because I am emmigrating to Toronto/Oshawa as a flying insstructor and got my PPL from TC in CYYJ (victoria) Beautiful place and would not leave Canada for the world....when I'm there anyway.

Im in Toronto/Oshawa all March next year...I started a Bash request in PPRuNe Bashes. Interested?

Good luck ni your quest, Sir....Highest repsect to all....

Dan :D

ipanema
27th Dec 2002, 04:58
Hi...

I tried TC, just updated my on-line resume with them, but don't really expect to hear anything. Many Canadian airlines large and small hire pilots based on an Old Boy network, and I don't expect TC to be any different. Also, I understand that most government departments take on new hires from relatives and friends of people already there, which leaves me on the street.

Yes, I am a team player, with lots of experience, energy and skills to offer, it's just that I don't think TC is going to happen for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitter about it, just passing on what I have heard. As an immigrant myself, I have to tell you that if you ever thought of Canada as a First World country, actually living here corrects that impression very quickly.

Here in Toronto, anyway, they are not the friendly socially conscious people everyone thinks they are, but I will concede that this could be due to the big city mentality. I would add that I see the same attitudes prevalent in Ottawa, which even though it is the nation's capital it is not "big city" at all but quite backwards.

I do know of canadianaviation.com, as well as several other aviation job sites. In fact I created one myself at bloorstreetwest.com where you can post your resume for free as well as browse vacancies without cost.

I do appreciate your input... and I would welcome any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

CD
30th Dec 2002, 17:07
ipanema...

You may already have done this for your TC application but in case you haven't, don't limit yourself to applying only for a CAI position. Many of the other positions may also be available to you with your experience (Dangerous Goods, Aerodrome Safety, AirNav & Airspace, Security & Emergency Preparedness).

Make sure that you registered for each position that you may be qualified for. If you don't register for one of the other positions, you won't be considered as the pre-screening is all done electronically now.

Good luck!

Regulatory/Inspection Recruitment Home Page - Employment Opportunities (https://www.tc.gc.ca/era_are/can_post/welcome.asp?Lang=E)

ipanema
31st Dec 2002, 03:51
Thanks for the suggestion, CD...

I was in the middle of doing just that today when the database went down. Tonight I tried the link again and the domain was down too, so I guess I'll try later.

Are you in TC? I get the impression they operate the same "Old Boy's Club" as many of the airlines in Canada... as well as the patronage and friends/relatives problem as the rest of the civil service.

In other words, if you're not connected you don't stand a chance.

Needless to say I'm not impressed with what I have seen of TC so far... but I'd like to get in there and make an effort, if that's possible. I've been able to make headway in other places through application of my knowledge and broad range of skills.

But like that old saying, I do think I have the "wisdom to know the difference"!!