PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba insults Canadians with inferior products!

Carrier
21st Dec 2002, 17:41
I am looking for a laptop and after checking reviews in both European and American computer mags decided to get the new Toshiba 5200. Then I found out that ONLY in Canada Toshiba offers it with an inferior spec. eg the rest of the world all gets a 60GB hard drive but Toshiba thinks Canadians can get by with 40GB. I wonder what evidence Toshiba has that digital video in Canada takes only two thirds the space needed in the rest of the world! Duh! The yanks also get MS Works included and $100 rebate - Canucks get neither. What an insulting attitude Toshiba has towards Canadians.

Canucks should boycott Toshiba until the company decides to treat us equally with everywhere else. Please help spread the word.

Always Moving
22nd Dec 2002, 20:40
Let's see
They make a market survey and TRY to sell whatever they can!
THIS IS A FREE MARKET!
they did not dis you or canadians or anyone, the onlyone dising here anyone is YOU, your own CHOICE.
Why did you buy the laptop?
Buy a different brand if you think they dis you and if it is THAT personal NEVER buy anything from them.
In other words DO SOMETHING and stop bitching
Happy holidays!

MLS-12D
23rd Dec 2002, 17:52
Well actually, I guess he is doing something: he's encouraging everyone on this forum to boycott Toshiba.

I am not in the market for a laptop computer but if I were I guess I would think twice about purchasing a Toshiba, given Carrier's post.

Captain Over
24th Dec 2002, 02:34
I have had the Satellite 5200 for over a month now, and after using Dell, Compaq, IBM, and Toshiba in the past, I can say this IS the best computer I have owned.

There are lemons in every line, but I can't complain at all about this unit. So-far, so-good!

ipanema
27th Dec 2002, 05:06
I'm using a Satellite 2590CDT, and have been for about four years. It gets heavy duty use, including international travelling, and I can verify that it really is the Road Warrior it is cracked up to be.

I bought mine in the USA and carried it across the border as personal effects... if the US model is better why don't you just do the same? And if your HD is too small, you can just buy a bigger one and install it yourself, like I did - or have the dealer swap for a bigger one.

Sounds like you have a real chip on your shoulder where Toshiba is concerned... life's too short for such grudges. Try to get on with your life - and switch brands if you really feel that way about it.

Kwaj mate
27th Dec 2002, 11:35
Over the years I have used many different lap-tops & notebooks.
TOSHIBA is the BEST available in any form.
Dell is Ok, Compaq & HP are behind them in quality & productivity. IBM's are capable but basic
When it is mine (not the company's) I buy the best available.
The Toshiba product has it all - is tough & reliable, plus they have great backup!
My next Notebook will be a Toshiba!

compressor stall
28th Dec 2002, 04:12
Had a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4320 for over 2 years now.

Has given me trouble free service so far.

CS

P.S. If you think companies dump inferior products on O Canada with your population, try and imagine what you get here in Oz with our 20 million Bruces and Shielas. :rolleyes: